bigblimpin

Error when attempting to reinstall MS ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Occassionally, when I plug the AC Adapter into my Qosmio f45 av411, I'll hear a faint clicking noise. Whenever this happens, the battery will not charge and soon after the battery is drained and my computer dies.  I can sometimes correct the problem if I unplug the adapter from the computer, then plug it back in again.

After searching online for solutions, I tried to uninstall/reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager.

I don't know if this would be relevant but after I uninstalled it and attempted to restart the computer, it wouldn't go past the "shutting down" phase.  Finally, after about 10 minutes, I had to shut it down by pressing the power button. 

When I started it up again, the Found New Hardware wizard resulted in an error stating that "The driver cannot be installed because it is either not digitally signed or not signed in the appropriate manner."

Then I went to Device Manager, found Unknown Device under Other Devices, and clicked on Reinstall Driver.  This resulted in another error stating "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered a problem while attempting to install it.  Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery  The system cannot find the file specified."

Any advice/solutions would be much appreciated.  Thanks!