Does Toshiba have a battery tester

Does Toshiba have a battery tester

I'm getting a message that my battery may be failing on my laptop. Does Toshiba have a battery tester program that I can run to confirm that the battery is going bad?

Loopie

All Replies
Topics: 53
Kudos: 1,276
Solutions: 353

Re: Does Toshiba have a battery tester

Toshiba doesn't have such an animal but below is a link to a very helpful program  to measure battery health and help diagnose problems.

Battery Bar

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit--Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 HP SP1 64 Bit and Win 10 PRO Insider Preview--Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit

[ Edited ]

Doesn't your Toshiba laptop support page have a download for Toshiba Desktop Assist and Toshiba PC Health Monitor?  There is a Battery Health Indicator in the Toshiba PC Health Monitor.  What is your Toshiba laptop model number?  Start by typing this into your web browser: : support.toshiba.com/drivers

How to check your Toshiba Laptop Battery Health with Toshiba software that is already installed on your computer. There are two ways to access the Battery Health information.

These procedures are for Windows 8.1 on a Toshiba Laptop

Procedure One

1)  Double Click on the Desktop Assist icon on the desktop.

2)  Left Click on Support & Recovery on the left

3)  Left Click on the PC HEALTH icon. It should take less than a minute for the window to open.

4)  Under Power will be gauges for:  Remaining Charge, System Power Consumption, and Battery Health.

Procedure Two

1)  Left click on the start icon in the lower left corner to go to the Metro Start Screen.

2)  Type "PC Health Monitor"   (No need to click on Search first. Just start typing and the Search field will pop open.

3)  Left click on the PC Health Monitor icon in the search results just below where you typed it in. It should take less than a minute for the window to open.

4)  Under Power will be gauges for:  Remaining Charge, System Power Consumption, and Battery Health.

Regular Advisor

I install HWMonitor and use it to look at what it thinks is the "wear factor" on the battery, and design capacity vs. what it will actually charge to.    I never researched to see it it's correct, but you can watch running time drop as the wear factor increases.  I don't buy good brand name batteries anymore.    All of mine are running $20 - $40 9 and 12 cell batteries bought from ebay vendors.     I started that in 2012 when I decided I didn't want to pay $80 or $100 for an actual Toshiba battery to put in a laptop that could be bought secondhand for $100 - $200.    So far, it's all good.     I just replaced the first ebay cheapo 9 cell from 2012 this Janruary.     The cheapos have held up as long as the factory batteries did.