meixing

Brand new Satellite C655 : Plugged in, charging but 0% charge

I just got my toshiba laptop today and it works great ... when it's plugged in xD . As soon as the ac adaptor is disconnected it dies.

When I first connect the battery, it will show the battery icon filling up (animated) but then after about 10 seconds, it goes back to an image of a battery (almost empty) and the coord (still saying plugged in, charging) but after 2 hours, it still is 0% and won't work unless it's plugged in.

I tried a couple solutions - I uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI - Compliant Control battery and made sure it was updated, and it has the same result as above.

Then I tried the other solution I read here about disconnecting the battery and wires and holding down the power button for 30 seconds and that didn't work either.

Are there any other solutions I should try? It's a brand new computer, straight from the box. But apparently when I tried to call customer support, my complimentary phone support time period is over.

PLEASE HELP. Thanks in advance!

rpvianna

Re: Brand new Satellite C655 : Plugged in, charging but 0% charge

Hello,

I have the same problem with my Satellite A665 and I did the exact same things, but nothing happened. I already searched in other forums, but the only solution left is to send it to repair.

I hopping the Toshiba's support look at this Post and tell us a solution...

yousefomar

Hello Gents,

I've just received my C655-S5505 yesterday and I got the same problem !! 

please let us know if you have any other suggestion then listed above

regards

yousefomar

[ Edited ]

My problem is solved by one these things I did together in the following order:

- Opened Device manager and Uninstalled "MS ACPI-Compliant Control Method" under Batteries. closed device manager (did NOT scan for hardware changes)

- installed latest windows updates

- shutdown the system, removed battery and cord, pressed power button for 30 sec

- connected battery and power and turned on the laptop and the battery started charging

try to follow exact step and good luck

Regards

Laptop25

I was interested in the C655-S5505, but read a few reviews that said people had battery problem of not accepting a charge.   Did yours get running? and R U happy with it?

Sokolov

I am having the same problem.  Upon insertion, the battery icon will show the charging animation for a few seconds, then stop and keep at 0% indefinitely.

Sokolov

I tried this, no change.