teterinmikhail

Brand New L755-S5170 plugged in charging 0% SOLVED

So today I have purchased a brand new L755-S5170 laptop and after using it for about 15 min I've noticed that my battery was not charging, so I've tried below, but did not seem to help, at least I do not think so:

My problem is solved by one these things I did together in the following order:

- Opened Device manager and Uninstalled "MS ACPI-Compliant Control Method" under Batteries. closed device manager (did NOT scan for hardware changes)

- installed latest windows updates

- shutdown the system, removed battery and cord, pressed power button for 30 sec

- connected battery and power and turned on the laptop and the battery started charging

After trying some more stuff, I've burned a BIOS update disk and tried to do a BIOS update but it said that I needed at least 20% power in my battery to get it working. I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot and once it booted into Windows the battery started charging. Not sure if it was an incomplete BIOS update procedure that fixed the issue or the solution above from the other forum. Cheers

arrow77099

Re: Brand New L755-S5170 plugged in charging 0% SOLVED

I am having a exact same problem, just purchase a L755-S5175 from costco today.  Battery is showing charging but staying at 0% percent.  try remove and reattach the battery, icon show charging for about 10 sec then stop.  Will try all window updates first.  

arrow77099

Solved ! After all window updates unplug power and battery and press power butten for 30 sec. then restart. The battery is now charging .  

momo0210

where can i install latest window updates??