Ego831

Battery charges to 80% and then stops - where is the setting for this?!

Hi everyone!

Hopefully someone here can help. I have looked throughout this forum and whenever a message related to this has been posted people go into discussions about faulty batteries or bad cables. etc. or upgraded BIOS which I don't believe are related to my issue.

I have a new laptop (Potege z935 - 4 months old) and when I plug it in it says "Plugged in, Not Charging"/

If I unplug it it will deplete down to 40, 20, 0% and then when I plug it back in it will charge back up to 80% - exactly - and then I get the message above.

This started when I was presented with options from the Eco Utility and while it is great for extending the battery charge cycles - there are times when I am using my "portable" laptop that I need it charged to 100%.

Can't seem to find where to go to change back to 100%. Have looked all throughout the Power Options and the Eco Utility settings and can't seem to find anything related to this....

Can anyone please help!

Much appreciated!!!! :smileysad:

Peter

Re: Battery charges to 80% and then stops - where is the setting for this?!

Have you tried turning the Eco Utility off completely? Set it to normal mode in the utility.

- Peter