Vinchenzo

web camera

Can anyone help me with my built in web cam?  When I open it, it says "no preview".  How do I correct it?!?!?
Petersen

Re: web camera

I gues it`s a carme that most of the Toshiba user will have. I have exatly the same problem. Some days my webcan works perfetly and others days it wont work anyway. I look for some answers in Google.....and...there are thousands of people with the sema problem. Well I tryed somethings that are said in the web, but none of them seens to work. I mean in the day it might work but 2 days later the same problem happens. Why any toshiba technician say something about it??
Regular Advisor
Defender

With no model# to review specs, here is some guidance-did you consult your support manual for webcam set up?  You will need to activate the software to enahnce settings.  Backlight is crucial, so is facial recognition. Review your settings. 
Petersen

ok...u`re right.

I have a Toshiba U305A.  (Camera Assistant Software. Chicony Eletronics.)

I said it`s a common error bc on google it appeares everywhere! These last few days  my camara inst working bc when I open it, first I see my image...but kind of gray or into shade...I dont know how to explaim....but in 2 seconds my image desappears and turns into a black square in the screen. Exatly the same thing happens when I try to use the cam in a Skype talk....the person sees me for 2 sec and them all black.

plz if anyone have the same problem post here...and if anyone knows how to solve it.....post here too. =P!

If u Defender need any other information plz tell me!

tks all

Occasional Advisor
Techman

[ Edited ]

Sounds like this -

http://kb.toshiba.com/98082637

Message Edited by Techman on 04-06-2009 02:13 PM
This signature left intentionally blank.
robin_2802

Help!

My Toshiba Satellite P305D-S8834 laptop's built-in web cam does not work.

I browse the forums and fellow the instructions to down load the (64-bit) web cam driver, driver_camera_27725A, and reinstalled it.

After I reboot the system, it gives an error message: Webcam driver open fail. Please restart camera or computer. So it happens everytime when I restart the computer or open the  camera assistance software.

Thanks in advance...

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite P305D-S8834 

Try the fix given in Toshiba's Document ID TSB001405 and let us know what happens.

-Jerry
robin_2802

Hello Jerry,

I've tried to follow the procedure to reinstall the driver. But it still not working...

Every time, after I restart the laptop, it gives me an error message said: web cam driver fails to open. Restart your computer or web cam...

Help!!!