monu13

sound volume too low on toshiba satellite c660 i5013

hi friends,

i have toshiba satellite c660 i5013.my problem is that the sound volume is too low while playing games like splintercell conviction and company of heroes.the sound isnt muffled its just that the volume is too low.

my sound volume is set to max and the game volume is  also set to max.

please note i dont have the same problem while playing other games like age of empires 3 and stronghold.

also music files like mp3s run fine with no problems.

i checked my sound card from device manager it says high definition audio device.
when i checked the sound system from the toshiba site, it says my sound card is
intel high defintion audio 1.0

whats the problem?is it a driver issue ?

probably the driver i have currently is windows driver. i checked the driver from system information it says the driver is c:\windows\system32\drivers\hdaudio.sys
do i need to install new driver on my laptop.if thats the case then what sound driver should i install? 

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: sound volume too low on toshiba satellite c660 i5013

[ Edited ]

Satellite C660-I5013 PSC1JG-00L00K Specifications

Toshiba India Downloads

Yours would appear to be a Toshiba India model. Your specific model's part number is PSC1JG-00L00K. You do not mention which OS version you are running, like Windows 7 64bit. You can surf for the drivers for the Toshiba India Satellite C660 model, for your specific OS version above. However, it appears you bought the system without an OS, and have used a retail version of Windows.

i checked my sound card from device manager it says high definition audio device.

when i checked the sound system from the toshiba site, it says my sound card is
intel high defintion audio 1.0

The Toshiba India downloads site for the Satellite C660 only show Realtek sound drivers available. So, I highly doubt you have a Intel sound card.

You should only be using the Toshiba supplied hardware drivers and utilities. Regardless, you want to download and install the correct drivers for Part Number PSC1J*, for your specific OS version. You should install 1st the hardware drivers and hardware utilities, and then 2nd the Toshiba utilities and software in this order:

1st Hardware Drivers & Hardware Utilities

1) Intel Chipset Utility Driver

2) ATI Display Driver

3) Realtek Audio Driver

4) All other hardware drivers and hardware utilities

2nd Toshiba Utilities & Software

1) Toshiba Value Added Package (Windows 7-32/64 only)

2) Toshiba Flash Card Utility (Windows 7-32/64 only)

3) all other Toshiba utilities and software

1) Toshiba Hot-Key Utility (Windows XP only)

2) all other Toshiba utilities and software

Hopefully this will resolve your sound problems. But, Toshiba laptops seem to have set the maximum volume deliberately low to prevent built-in speaker damage.

Good luck.

Mike

monu13

thanks a lot bro i will try this out.

by the way i got windows 7 32 bit.

check this out this site it says that my c660 i5013 has got intel high definition audio.

http://www.toshiba-india.com/laptop/satellite-c660-3.html

.i have already installed the amd video driver,the synaptics touchpad driver,the lan and wireless lan driver and the bluetooth driver.

i am scared to install the realtek sound driver because if its the wrong driver i think it may screw my pc up

and then i will have to reinstall  the os again and all the drivers again and lose my data.everything else seems to run fine other than this sound issue.

please help me.

monu13

well i just installed realtek audio driver and it didnt make much of a difference.however when i turned on loudness equalization i can hear in game music and youtube videos quite well,this seems to have done the trick.

thanks a lot for ur help bro.

Super Advisor
miker643

Just happy to hear it seems to have worked out for you.

Good luck.

Mike

OBAJIMI752

[ Edited ]

Hello, I just bought a Toshiba Satellite C660-1MJ (CORE i3-380M) Product Code PSC0QE-04601LF3 Serial Number XXXXXXXXX OS WIN7 HOME BASIC LIGHT 32BIT, and I am experiencing the same low sound volume problem. Please, how do I deal with it in my case? Thanks.