gilad

problem with integrated microphone in PORTEGE M800

Hello everybody, I have a laptop PORTEGE M800,and I can't speak throught the integrated microphone. my os is windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. I downloaded the latest audio driver from this website - conexant audio driver 4.98.6.61 and when I install it I can't hear even from the speakers,but when I uninstall the driver the os installs automiticaly a driver called:high definiton audio. when I had win xp it worked fine. what could be the problem? Thanks for the help.

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: problem with integrated microphone in PORTEGE M800

Yours would not appear to be a USA model. Look on the Toshiba label on the bottom of your computer and give us your full model name/number like Portégé M800-106, and your model's part number, like PPM81E-00K00JEN. Then maybe we can get you fixed up.

Mike

gilad

MODEL NO : PPM81E-03000NG3

PORTEGE M800-10Z

Super Advisor
miker643

Portégé M800-10Z Specifications

Portégé M800-10Z Downloads

Let's make sure what BIOS version you have. Click 'Start' and type in   msinfo32.exe   and click on this file. In the 'System Summary' you first see, look on the right side for 'BIOS Version/Date'. If you do not have the latest v5.00 then download this file and double click to begin installation, and carefully follow the directions

ACPI Flash BIOS BIOS Update v5.00

How to update the BIOS on Toshiba notebooks

Next, Toshiba laptops are very finicky about only using the Toshiba supplied hardware drivers, that's why I recommend disabling automatic Windows Updates. Click on 'Start - All Programs - Windows Update', on the menu at left click on 'Change settings', under 'Important updates' click on the drop down menu at right and choose 'Never check for updates (not recommended)', then click OK. Then only run manual Windows Updates, and never allow Windows update to change any of your hardware drivers.

Finally, download these drivers and install them in this order. These are zip files so you'll have to extract the .exe files to install them.

Chip Set Utility Intel

Display Driver Intel

Sound Driver Conexant

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

nantookies

Hello,

I also have the Toshiba Portege M800 (no hyphen or anything afterwards) PPM81C.  I also just updated to Windows 7 Home premium and now my microphone no longer works.  Please help!!  Thanks :smileyhappy: