artistpw

Window XP SP3, Realtek sound card driver problems

Hi:

For about a month now, I've hobbled along with an satellite a105-s4384 with no sound which is apparently due to the SP3 and the issues between the drivers for the Realtek sound card and the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio.  I tried to download and reinstall a new realtek driver package, and deactive the MS UAA driver, but it seems that may have caused some system problems, and I had to restore my system to an earlier setpoint.   What can be done to resolve this problem - I did a lot of web searches, and found this is a fairly common problem, although I didn't find a particular solution that worked for me.  Help!!!!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Window XP SP3, Realtek sound card driver problems

artistpw

Hi:

These didn't seem to help - I downloaded and installed the realtek drivers, and even tryed deinstall the service pack, but my laptop seemed to crash during the process, and then had horrible problems coming back up (crashed multiple times before seeming to get to a point where it didn't).  I was going to try to restore to an earlier set point, but I couldn't find one, and it finally seemed to be stable enough, and then wanted to reinstall the service pack.  I tried looking at each part, but unfortunately didn't see any piece that appeared to be related to the UAA bus.  In the device driver, it looks like the sound card still shows up with a yellow exclamation, and I disabled the ms UAA bus, but that doesn't seem to help anything.  Any other possible suggestions are appreciated!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Microsoft offers free assistance in getting SP3 to work right.

Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows XP, but only for Serv...

-Jerry
artistpw

Hi:

I had a chat session with a MS tech, and he said I should contact Toshiba support.  He pointed me to an application called Driver Detective that can find out-of-date or missing drivers, and I purchased that, and it did download and install the Realtek driver, but of course, I can't get my system to try to run that.  I'm getting tired of this problem, and at least I did get the 3year warranty, so I am planning to probably take this to a service center to see if it can be resolved.  This is completely annoying!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Thanks for the update. Good luck!
-Jerry
bradberry

If you want XP Drivers for XP downgrade from Vista you will need to go to either the Europe support for Toshiba or Asia. Try this link. I was able to find all of my drivers on the Asian sites. Yes, I have been doing a lot of forum checking for drivers.

http://pc.toshiba-asia.com/support/downloads/index.jsp