CariM

Volume Mixer is not Responding

I get this message very so often when I power up my computer.  I can hear the windows start up sound, but after that, nothing.  When I try to adjust the volume, it freezes and I get the message that it's not responding.  I am forced to restart my computer over and over until it just happens to decide tos tart working.  I've also been having issues with an error about shockwave crashing whenver I want to watch some sort of video.  The last thing I've been noticing is that Skype refuses to sign in when these other two things are happening as well.  It just shows me that it's trying to sign in and never stops.  I'm not sure if all 3 events are related....and what could be done to help this.  I've tried updating my sound driver by downloading the stuff off of Toshiba's website... any research I've done about shockwave constantly crashing says it has something to do with google chrome.  But I still get a problem when I use Explorer. 

Help! I feel like throwing this computer at the wall.

My model number is Satellite t115d-s1125

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Volume Mixer is not Responding

Satellite T115D-S1125 

I've tried updating my sound driver by downloading the stuff off of Toshiba's website...

Sometimes the driver is not properly reinstalled the first time, Cari. Do that again. And try both of these drivers.

Conexant Audio Driver for Windows 7 (32/64) (Released 12/08/09)

Conexant Audio Driver (Released 11/06/09)

-Jerry
CariM

I deleted the sound driver, restarted my computer and it automatically reinstalled it. everything seems to be working better.....for now! Knock on wood..

Thanks for your help.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Glad to learn it's working now, Cari. Sometimes Windows know best. <g>

-Jerry
omsc

Hi CariM,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. Always when i connect my external logitch webcam to chat on skype, the Volume sound control freezes, and i have to do all you alrelady explained. I also have the same shokwave problem too.

Sometimes the Laptop freezes just by trying to adjust the sound volume at the traybar. I'm really tired restarting and restarting... and i also fell like having to brake strained neck

I use a Satelite C655-S5082 Laptop which i bought last december.

What should i do to fix this problem. As you can see i had al around this day the same problem, and im adding a picture of my screen.

Many thanks in advance to who can help all of us with this problem.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C655-S5082

These sound drivers are for your model. Sometimes an older one works best.

Conexant Audio Driver (Version 4.128.0.66 - Released 02/11/11)

Conexant Audio Driver (Version 4.119.0.61 - Released 04/15/10)

Conexant Audio Driver (Version 4.111.0.64 - Released 03/29/10)

-Jerry