Regular Contributor
ruffian

U305 - No audio but driver is installed

Hello,

My audio problems with my Satellite U305-S5077 continue. The part number looks like PSU34U-DDL003. That "DD" after the dash might be 00. The OS is Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

I have had regular audio problems in the last few months, usually with the Realteck driver. I have done compete system reoveries a couple of times, returning the laptop to its out-of-box state. The last time I did this was about one month ago and I disabled updates after that so I know that no hardware updates have caused the latest problem.

Last week when I restarted the computer due to an unrelated problem, my audio was gone again and the "X" over the sound icon in the lower right was back, with a "no audio output device installed" message when I moused over it. However, Realtek audio driver showed as installed when I checked it in the device manager. When I checked the properties there, it said that the "hardware device is not connected" and shows a "code 45" error. I tried the "scan for hardware changes" and that yielded nothing. 

Than I tried a reset Miker643 gave me when I previously had driver problems. I powered off the system, unplugged everything, removed the battery, pressed and held down the power on button for 30 seconds, replaced the battery and AC, and powered on. The I pressed the 'F2' key to enter BIOS Setup, pressed 'F9' to load setup defaults, pressed 'F10' to save and exit, and the audio was back when it started. 

When I powered on this morning, the audio was gone again. The problem is the same as last time in that the driver is there in the device manager and I get the Code 45 error that the hardware is not connected. I tried that set in the paragraph above again and nothing changed. I've also tried system restore and a bunch of restarts. There have been no Windows updates, as those remain disabled. Can anyone please offer help? This is becoming exasperating.

Thank you.

vasty

Re: U305 - No audio but driver is installed

Welcome to my nightmare.  I've had this problem for a year now!  I have done everything I can think of to try and fix this problem.  I am able to get my sound card to work 10% of the time and only by a random reboot.  Seems that Microsoft drivers ucerpt the Realtek drivers and cause problems with recognition and support of the sound card.

At my wits end...ARGH ! ! !

I've done a system restore, vista repair, I've updated drivers, I've rolled back the driver's, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the HD audio and the sound card.  Nothing "fixes" the problem.  Very, very frustrated.

HELP!

howmad44

Re: U305 - No audio but driver is installed

Hi, I have a Satellite P200-AB3 laptop (which I cannot find in the list) with a Windows 7 update. My speakers work but I have no sound trying to watch youtube videos. Do I have a driver problem?