PhiPsiVol354

Trouble with Microphone with a Satellite A505-S6033--Rosetta Stone & Skype

Hello all,

I initially noticed my problem with Rosetta Stone.  Rosetta Stone has you repeat various phrases of the language your studying into the microphone and it will judge you based on pronunciation and your accent and allow you to pass through to the next segment.  My microphone would sometimes give me a correct, and sometimes not...it was extremely inconsistant and completely frustrating.  I've tried the onboard microphone as well as several different headsets w/ microphone attachments to no avail.

I then began to think the files may had been corrupted, or something, and after numerous attempts to re-install Rosetta Stone software, decided to try the software on a friend's computer which worked flawlessly.  I also received complaints from friends when using Skype that the microphone would randomly cut in/out.  If there are any solutions to this problem, please help me....It's quite frustrating. I'm considering returning what is otherwise an outstanding laptop.  Please help! I've narrowed the culprit down--and its 100% Certainly something with the laptop.

-Josh

PhiPsiVol354

Re: Trouble with Microphone with a Satellite A505-S6033--Rosetta Stone & Skype

Anyone???? Please help!!!

PhiPsiVol354

Oh my gosh no help ftL????

Frequent Advisor
lilmaqi

http://www.rosettastone.com/global/support/system-requirements

Which version do you have? Is it completely compatible? When you record using the windows sound recorder, does it come out clear?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A505-S6033

Won't hurt to reinstall this driver. Occasionally corruption creeps in.

Realtek Audio Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)

-Jerry