KessC

Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5204: Audio Stuttering

Having my Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5204 for only a few weeks, I have found that a stuttering in the audio occurs whenever I listen to music or watch videos. I tried resolving the problem by updating my audio drivers and changing my audio settings, but the problem still persisted. Then I suspected that it may have been a hardware problem with the speakers, but after plugging in my headphones and still hearing the stuttering, I don't think that's the case. Has anyone else experienced this before? If anybody could help me, I would really appreciate it.

- KessC

Peter

Re: Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5204: Audio Stuttering

Does the video stutter too when you're watching a video, or is it only the audio? Do you have a lot of other software running? Does this happen on local files (mp3s for example) and streaming media (such as YouTube)?

- Peter
KessC

Only the audio stutters. It happens even when I'm barely running any other softwares or programs. Yes, it occurs when I stream off of Youtube as well as when I play local mp3 files.

Peter

Do you use any anti-virus or anti-malware programs? If so, are they actively scanning when this happens?

Regardless, try disabling them and then see if the problem still occurs.

If you don't have any installed, you might want to install an anti-virus program, update it, and then do a full scan to make sure you don't have a virus.

What have you installed since you purchased the computer? You could also use the search box in the Start Menu to search of "msconfig" and launch the application. In the "Startup" tab you'll see a list of programs that start when Windows starts. You could try disabling some of them to see if it helps. Make sure to make a note of whatever you disable so you can re-enable them later. Keep anything by Intel, AMD, or Toshiba for now.

- Peter
KessC

Unfortunately, even after removing a few programs from the startup (including my anti-virus program), the problem still persists. I've done a complete scan of my computer and it didn't show any signs of a virus. I haven't installed much on my computer since I've purchased it.

Peter

I have to be honest with you that I'm at a loss. I'm not a tech support agent, but maybe if you called support they'd have an idea.

Maybe you could try creating a new user profile in Windows and trying from that profile to see if that makes a difference.

- Peter
cralph4444

I am having this same problem on my recently purchased L755-S5308--sounds stutters when playing music (both streaming and locally). I have tried updating the sound drivers and removing anti-virus software, but the problem persists. Did you find a solution that worked for you?

Any help would be much appreciated!

dinalex

i'm experiencing exactly the same problem with a brand new satellite L755D-11J, and i'm going to return it tomorrow to the store where i bought it cos i can't resolve this issue :smileysad:

DaveFoust

I have had a similar issue with my Qosmio X775 and I found that if I turned off the WiFi antenna that the audio was clear and as soon as I turn WiFi back on the problem returned.  My laptop is in the shop for repair so I will let you know what they find.  In the meantime try turning off the WiFi and see if it clears up your audio.

Dave

col34

are you still having that stuttering problem? ever fix it?

Dan44

Dave let me know if you could solve the audio stuttering by sending it to rapair.

Thanks

Dan

sigma_spock

TTT,  I have the same Audio/Video issue with my Satellite L655-S50803, purchased December, 2010.  It has gotten recently very bad.  Anyone finding a fix?

Peter

sigma_spock, does turning off the Wi-Fi help?

- Peter
sigma_spock

Nope.

Peter

[ Edited ]

Try using System Restore to restore a previous restore point from before this became an issue.

If that doesn't help, you could perform a recovery. Recovering your laptop to its original, out-of-the-box state is a great way to eliminate software as a possible cause of the problem. Note that doing a system recovery will return the laptop to its default conditions, completely wiping your data. Information on how to perform a system recovery can be found in your user's guide. Hold '0' (zero) while booting the computer to start the recovery procedure.

If the problem persists after a recovery, contact support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
musicman123

I have the same issue with Toshiba satelite AA665D-s6091 I expierience crackling sound when playing audio with an external sound card AND the realtek internal soundcard. I ran a latency checker and it tells me that some drivers are misbehaving. I found out that the issue arouses when I have the Network adaptors enabled, when I enable/disable the backlit keyboard and also when I enable/disable eco-mode. I have tried different versions of both network adaptors(cable and wireless) and the problem persists...its curious that conflicts arouse with toshiba functionality...thanks

Peter

I'd recommend the same thing I recommended in the previous message. Start with a System Restore. If that doesn't help, perform a recovery. And if that doesn't help, call customer support.

- Peter