deandh

Speaker problems

I have a Satelite 305D-6851 with Harmon/Kardon speakers, and the left speaker stops working a lot. Has anyone else had this issue, or know a solution to it?
Regular Advisor
Defender

Re: Speaker problems

try this:  START/CONTROL PANEL/HARDWARE SOUND/SOUND there will be a listnig there like "Internal Speakers/Microphone==make sure there is a green check mark shown.  Now go down to properties, click and check various toolbar General-Level Advanced to ensure there are Balanced operation.
shutterbugKELLY

i'm having the same problem.  i have a satellite a305-s6905 with harmon/kardon speakers.  the left speaker will sometimes make a popping sound, and other times it cuts out completely.  the realtek hd audio output usually ranges from 15-20, and the speakers show that they're working and balanced even when the left speaker isn't working at all.  if i go to the control panel > sound > levels > balance and slide the left speaker balance up into the 60s, the speaker will start working again and then i can adjust it down to match the right speaker.

i just noticed it a couple days ago, and i've only had the laptop for a few weeks.

intender

I have an a305-s6858 with the harmon kardon speakers and the left one keeps cutting out as well.  I have tried changing drivers, and tapping around the speaker with my finger when it cuts out to see if maybe it is a loose connection, but cant figure out why it is happening.