WayneW

Sound volume increases all by itself

My 3 month old Satellite C655-S5049 with Windows 7, 64 bit OS has developed an annoying habit of increasing the sound volume (to max) all by itself. Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm a user, not a techy type. THANKS! Wayne

ysiddiqu

Re: Sound volume increases all by itself

I've been having the exact same problem since yesterday. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

I tried to turn the volume down manually with the mouse and then by pressing the media bar volume down button (on the bar that has the eco switch, wireless, play/pause, mute, volume, etc) and it seems that the bar is malfunctioning. None the of the buttons work at all now. 

My idea of the problem is that the volume plus button on the bar registers and continually being pushed down and when I pressed the volume down media bar button it also registers as continually being pushed down. This, for me, results in a very annoying continuous beeping. 

Is there a fix for this? 

ysiddiqu

Oh, sorry for the double post, but I have a Satellite A665-S6065, Windows 7 64-bit as well, which I bought about 5 months ago. 

megawatt

I've had the same problem, my laptop is one month old. When I called Toshiba, they didn't seem to know anything about this issue and want me to ship the laptop back to them for repair.

ProjectDv2

Hello!

I don't own any Toshiba products (g/f does), but I registered to let you know that this problem doesn't seem to be a problem with any particular Toshiba, or any particular problem. I've been experiencing this issue on two separate computers, myself. One running Windows Vista 32, one running Windows 7 64, both using a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard. The issue usually happens if I'm running a fullscreen game and adjust the volume with the knob on the keyboard. Usually I'm fine, but sometimes the volume raises uncontrollably. Forcibly ending the itype.exe process doesn't stop it, unplugging the keyboard doesn't stop it, it just keeps on raising. I've noticed a LOT of people have this issue, and so far the only common theme amongst anyone is that we all seem to be using onboard audio running Realtek drivers. I haven't found an actual cause or remedy yet, but I wanted to let all of you with Toshibas know that you're not alone!

milvapp

I am having exactly the same problem!

Did you find any solution?

Thanks.