keeperofseeds

Sound Driver for Satellite A105-S4334 with XP operating system

Had some repairs done on my Satellite and received the laptop back with no recognition of an audio device. Left the country on the same day, so couldn't take the computer back and will not return for a few months, but need use of the sound. Sound doesn't work at all right now. I have the Realtek Audio Driver version 5.10.0.5253 downloaded and installed on my computer as well as the prior Realtek version uninstalled, but the sound still doesn't work. I need a different driver or something altogether completely different. Any ideas or help you could provide would be appreciated much.

Thanks.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Sound Driver for Satellite A105-S4334 with XP operating system

Satellite A105-S4334 

You don't tell much.

What about the volume-control dial just to the right of center on the front?

What does it say in Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) under Sound, video and game controllers? Is there a Realtek device there? If so, what does it say for Device status when you double-click it?

-Jerry
keeperofseeds

The volume control dial on front works fine. It does recognize a Realtek device is present, and that it is working properly. However, when I go into Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices Properties, under Volume, it says No Audio Device. Also, under Audio, Sound Playack, there are no playback devices, sound recording devices or MIDI music playback devices. When I open RealPlayer now and try to play anything, it says "Cannot open the audio device. Another application may be using it."

Does that information help any?

Thanks,

Shannon

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Try reinstalling the driver.

Realtek Audio Driver for Windows XP/2000

-Jerry