Zaid
Accepted Solution

Satellite U300 - 151 no Audio with Windows 7 32 bit

Dear,

I have installed windows 7 on my Toshiba Satellite U300 - 151 model. No matter what i do the audio does not seem to work !! i have installed the driver advised by Toshiba as a sound driver for u300 with OS windows 7 32 bit: "sound-20091027160155" yet nothing happened, it still does not work.

Could anyone help with a real fix.

Thank you.  

AnuDamiana

Re: Satellite U300 - 151 no Audio with Windows 7 32 bit

Does the audio work w/headphones?  :-/

Do the properties for internal speakers state they are working?  

If so, pull headphones out, run troubleshooter for audio....check the comments/details made by the program...if mention is made about an audio endpoint in the 'details' section, what item is highlighted??

Fingers crossed for you...

Zaid

Thank you for your reply.

The only headphones that work are the bluetooth ones. Other than that no wired headphones or speakers off any sort do work !!! 

It has something to do with the bios i was once advised but i do not know how to go to the bois to start with not to mention the audio part in it. 

The internal speakers do not work and need a driver ... as i mentioned if i do connect via bluetooth .. they do function well. 

Thanks for the help in advance. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Zaid

Dear Jerry,

Yes .. that is the smae driver i used but it never worked. Any fix for that !

Thanks.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Probably the sound chip has malfunctioned. Some have had luck resetting the machine.

With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the Power switch for ten seconds.

Re-attach those, press the Power button to turn the computer on, and then immediately press the F2 key while the Toshiba logo is displayed. Press F9 to restore the BIOS default settings, press F10, and then select Yes (Exit Saving Changes). The computer will restart.

-Jerry
Zaid

Hi Jerry,

It worked .. Just perfect .. Thank you soo much Jerry.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Happy to learn that! You're welcome.

-Jerry
Paladin

A friend of mine had this problem recently on this particular model, er, a U300-ST3094 anyway. The sound card wasn't showing up in device manager nor would device detection software such as Everest or speccy detect it in any miniscule amount. In fact, Win2K, WinXP, Vista, Win7 and Ubuntu (A linux distro) could not see/detect the device (It's been played with quite a bit, lol). Additionally, the BIOS post test beep seemed to be absent. I tried the solution suggested here, but to no avail. After updating the system BIOS (downloaded off the Toshiba website v5.10) and a restart, Windows (7, x86) finally detected the device and installed the needed drivers without a hitch.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

After updating the system BIOS .. Windows (7, x86) finally detected the device and installed the needed drivers without a hitch.

Thanks for sharing that fix.

-Jerry