crystal

Satellite M55-S139 - No Sound

Hi.  My laptop has a recently installed OS of Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3.  At first, when I tried to run a music file, I would get an error message that the device was not working.  I then used the download section of this website to get every driver associated to the sound for Windows XP and installed them.  The computer will now open and appear to play the music file (in windows media player), but there is no sound. 

When I look in device manager, the mesage says the device is working properly.  When I check the sounds and devices audio control panel, it is not muted and the volume levels are all set at the highest level. 

I don't know what else to do to get the sound working? 

Frequent Advisor

Re: Satellite M55-S139 - No Sound

crystal wrote:

Hi.  My laptop has a recently installed OS of Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3.  At first, when I tried to run a music file, I would get an error message that the device was not working.  I then used the download section of this website to get every driver associated to the sound for Windows XP and installed them.  The computer will now open and appear to play the music file (in windows media player), but there is no sound. 

When I look in device manager, the mesage says the device is working properly.  When I check the sounds and devices audio control panel, it is not muted and the volume levels are all set at the highest level. 

I don't know what else to do to get the sound working? 

Probably a problem with SP3.  You're not the first person to report a sound glitch.  Try removing SP3.

How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 3 from your computer