Hattie

Re: Satellite L755D - sound keeps cutting out for no apparent reason

I have the same problem with my L755. I have tried all suggestions with no results........but finally, today, I managed to get the laptop to admit something isn't working. I ran some tests in Safe mode & in the "Playing Audio Trouble Shooting " it said 

"One or more audio service isn't working"

Then pushing it further I got another box come up with.....

" Both the Windows Audio & Windows End Point Builder Services must be running for audio to work correctly. At least one of these services is not running "

Now how do I proceed to correct this ?????  

Please remember I am in my mid 70's & kinow very little about the technicalities of computers.......but I am very stubborn & determined to sort this out.......Help please !!

daria

I have the same problem with my Satellite L750-1MV. I have tried everything Peter recommended and nothing worked. I am sick and tired of not being able to watch videos normally without having to pause them every few minutes in order for the sound to work. First my hard drive burnt out, and my laptop was serviced and cleaned a few months ago., and now this.. I will not contact the customer service because I need my laptop for work, and I can't be without it for 3 weeks again. Fortunately, I can still write on it. I was a huge fan of Toshiba products, I have bought 2 laptops, a TV and some other gadgets from this manufacturer, but due to this negative experience with my relatively new, and well-taken-care-of laptop, this is the last product I have ever bought from you. Thanks.

jrfelixXD

[ Edited ]

Ok I am sick and tired of this crap, I took it in to get fixed with the warranty it had for best buy and they switched out my motherboard, nothing fixed though, it's still the same  but I found some solutions (temporarily) disable then re-enable sound. Another one is connect headphones on to PC. But seriously it took them weeks to try and fix y laptop and after they changed my whole laptop, still nothing works. I am mad this is a factory defect. Plus I am mad at the fact that best buy switched off everything then took 1 month to fix it. After that they took it back again and re shipped it to where ever they do I really want my money back for this laptop. Wish some admin from Toshiba see this post

jwalk

I have a brand new Satellite L750, still under warranty, and have the same problem - sound cuts out after 5-7 minutes on any kind of video. All I have done so far with this laptop is install Word 2013.   I am on my 2nd call to the support desk - they have escalated to a "level 2" issue and I am expecting a call back shortly....  So far, they have uninstalled and reinstalled the sound driver (Conextant), We'll see what happens next.   Will keep you posted if a solution is found.  I know I'm not alone on this one.

Loopie

l755

Same problem. It's really annoying. None of the supposed fixes work.

This is a software bug, not a hardware one. Toshiba should provide a fix.

TOSHIBA L755. Win7.

Socal

I have a Satellite C655 and have the same problem. Been dealing with this for a long time just spent the day wasting my time again trying to fix the intermittant sound playback issue... Finally found this forum of others with the same problem and relieved i am not losing it.

olivialarosa

For a year, I have been taking classes over the Internet. Important post-graduate classes in an LL.M. Program. I have repeatedly tried to solve this cut-out problem. I thought it was Java. I thought it was the software the institution used. I would refresh the audio control and the sound would work for a bit then stop again. My professors got irritated with me. I stopped using this laptop for a long time, then I thought I would give it a try again. 

I am using it for a different purpose, to stream video. Sound still cutting out. Resets and upgrading drivers useless. 

What the heck, Toshiba?

jultz

[ Edited ]

I have been having the same problemfor about two months now.  Worked fine for about a year and a half - but then again I was using external speakers.  As soon as I started using the internal speakers it started overloading the same way.  I noticed it would cut out if the volume was up, or the song got loud or as soon as I click on a window.  If I play the sound REALLY low (volume level of the program is at 1) it will stay working. Headphones and external speakers work fine, mostly.  I switched to Toshiba from Asus and regret it - will be switching back with the next laptop.

Satellite L755 Windows 7 Pro

Psykram

Re: Satellite L755D - sound keeps cutting out for no apparent reason - QUICK FIX`

I have a quick solution.  Cut the plug off of an old pair of headphones and insert it into the microphone port.  For some reason or another, with something plugged in there, the sound no longer cuts out when running the built-in speakers.  Hope that helps.

LarryReed

[ Edited ]

i have the same problom  sound keeps cutting out for no apparent reason. **** **** !!

[Moderator edit for language.]

socratesgdl

I have satellite l755d-s5109 with the same bad experience. I have formatted hard disk and installed windows 7 in all versions: basic, home, enterprise, ultimate, proffessional . Now installed windows 8 and the sound in 30seconds or 2 minutes suddenly fails.

I think the problem is audio card (hardware)

socratesgdl

Hello, I have satellite L755d-S5109, with the same experience.. Did you find why?? Thanks! 

leon25

I have Toshiba Satellite L750D-1D3 (PSK34E) and identical problem

knucles

i almost have 2 years with my toshiba sp4172wm, ill never buy a toshiba again, it cant believe that you dont offer any solution.

thank you. :smileyindifferent:

didsburydan

having the same problem here.

L750/0DN

audio cuts out from multiple sources... youtube, vlc, wmp etc after random times... can be as little as 10 seconds, can be as long (if i'm lucky) as 5 mins.

uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers... no fix

plugging in headphones to EITHER the audio jack or mic jack and pulling them straight back out again makes sound re-appear but with same problems... the sound will disappear again after a random time

reloading webpage (for youtube etc) also makes sound re-appear, but again cuts out

HERE'S THE WIERD ONE.... i opened up my "playback devices" menu by right clicking on the speaker on my taskbar..... even changing from one tab to the other "fixes" the issue.... like... the menu opens up on the "playback" tab by default... then if i click on the "recording" tab the sound will start again... then when it cuts out again, i'll click back on "playback" tab and sound starts again. WEIRD!

when i'm in the playback devices menu the speakers are shown as working and the volume mixer thing goes up and down as if there is audio playing and everything is working, but there is NO SOUND.

seems like a lot of people are having the same problems and i can't believe there is no permanent solution yet.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

See my reply.

-Jerry
ladytempest82

I have the same problem on my laptop, but I have noticed that it doesn't happen when I attach to my TV using an HDMI cable.  Then the sound comes from the TV speakers without interuption.  You could try plugging in an external speaker until you find a more permanent solution to the problem, so you can at least still use the computer without too much pain for now.