MadMacs

Qosmio x875 Right Speaker Stopped Working.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have a Qosmio x875-q7290 and currently right now my left speaker stopped working.  Only my right works.  I have tried some of the solution offered on the forum like removing the drivers via Device Manager, disconnecting the battery for a spell and re-installed drivers. 

Right now, looking at Sound (via CtrlPnl), I see 2 High Definition Audio Devices.  I tried switching one for the other with no success. 

I tried Installing the RealTek drivers for this system and it seems it is in Mono mode whereas both channels are coming out of the right speaker.  When I go into Sound/RealTek --> Configure; it show stereo, but test all sound goes to right ...too strange. 

I seem pretty sure it may not be HW issue, If I fiddle with the software enough, as above I get lucky where it will work for a short time, but when it goes into ScreenSave, Hiberbate or Suspend, it is reluctant to work again.  Also when I shutdown and startup.   

This is my own work computer.  I am trying to find a solution other than total system recovery.  It would take me days to be back on line again.  Any help would be appreciated.  Going nuts, please help!

MadMacs

Re: Qosmio x875 Right Speaker Stopped Working.

[ Edited ]

Some Added information. 

I was playing around with the Drivers again and I seems to have gotten the Left Speaker working again.  One of the settings I played with was the SRS Premium Sound, I disabled this function and the left speaker came to life. 

I am still testing make sure the levels on both speakers hold up over the long term.  I'll keep posted. 

Another note:  I do use a Dynadock V.  This has been given me minor trouble with my old Qosmio x505.  This may be of no significance, but I'll put it out there.

Any thoughts, any insights on what I done so far?

-MACS

MadMacs

Prior to these posts, I called up Toshiba Technical Support, and they kindly offered only to recover my computer, but I tried to assure them that it is really a driver conflict issue.  I could not accept their solution. Sorry! I just don't think it was correct.  Beside, it would take just to much time in Recovery, Installations, Data recovery and Data restoration. Time I didn't have, not for something as trivial as this.  So, I was hoping to get more help from this forum from a collective of knowledgeable people that can pose ideas toward a solution.  Maybe, I little trial and error.  However, this thread has had many views but no offers.  Maybe this thread is a pariah of sorts, I guess.

Anyway, I believe I have found the solution, on my own, without doing a recovery.   I have been running for 3 days straight without issues so far.   Maybe, if TS did a little more trouble shooting with me, I think we could have found the solution together and a lot sooner.

Occasional Contributor
tron2

SRS Premium Sound 3D has "Advanced Sttings"  located at the bottom has adjustable sliders for each Mode and can be reset to default whenever audio for "left", "right", "center" and other enhancements have issues.