hoang

Protege M600 Sound Problem

[ Edited ]
Protege M600 Sound Problem
I have reinstall my laptop to windows Xp Sp3,
I have try to install sound driver and warning message show: "Cannot Access Volume Control"
Could you help me to solve this problem.

Toshiba Portege M600

Model No: PPM61K-01300D

i have try to download any sound driver but it's can't work. pls help me

thank for you cooperation

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Protege M600 Sound Problem

Hoang

It appears you have a Korean model. Is your Windows XP in Korean or in English?

Try this driver from Toshiba Korea.

Toshiba Korea Portege M600 WinXP Sound Driver

To manually reinstall the Toshiba drivers and utilities the order is important, 1st install all the Toshiba hardware drivers and hardware utilities, 2nd install the Toshiba utilities and software, in this order:

1st Toshiba Hardware Drivers & Hardware Utilities:

1) Chipset Driver/Utility

2) Display Driver

3) Sound Driver

4) All other hardware drivers, patches, and hardware utilities

2nd Toshiba Utilities and Software:

1) Toshiba Controls

2) Toshiba Hot Key Utility

3) All other Toshiba utilities and software

Let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

hoang

[ Edited ]

Dear Sir

i have this driver but can't solve the problem. please refer the Audio report in the attached file

Thank very much

Super Advisor
miker643

Try this Microsoft Fix-It

Diagnose and repair sound playback problems automatically

If this does not work, try to reinstall the 3 core drivers in this order:

1) Chipset driver/utility

2) Display driver

3) Sound driver

If you still cannot get the sound working, I would call Toshiba Korea and try to get the original Recovery Disks for your unit, then reinstall with those. Returning your system to its factory default, out-of-the-box state is considered the main and most important test on whether you have an actual hardware problem, or a software/update/configuration problem.

Mike

hoang

Thank for your support.

i'm  living in Viet Nam, it's very difficult to get support from Toshiba in Korea.

i have tried to install windows 7 but same issue

could you give to me some idea? How about BIOS update??

Thank

Hoang

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Are you a Korean living in Vietnam? If you are Korean, send a friend in Korea the serial number of your laptop, get them to phone Toshiba Korea and order the Recovery Disks, then get your friend to mail you the disks to you in Vietnam.

But, the Portege M600 is NOT one of the model's that Toshiba has approved for upgrade to Windows 7. So, I'm not sure you will get a proper Windows 7 installation.

Toshiba Model Windows 7 Compatability List

Are you trying to use English, Korean or Vietnamese versions of Windows XP and/or Windows 7? You can see your current BIOS version by clicking on 'Start', type in   msinfo32.exe   and click on this file, in the 'System Summary' look on the right hand side for 'BIOS Version/Date', what BIOS version do you currently have?

Finally, if you are not willing to try the troubleshooting steps you are given, and then report back exactly what happens when you follow those steps, then there is little point in asking for help here.

Mike