mrosenfieldhsd

No sound on P105 S6014 after clean install of Windows 7

I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 on my P105 S6014 Satellite. I lost all sound and have a "Code 10" error. I have tried all of the automatic updates etc. My headphones still work only the laptop speakers do not work. What is the best way to fix the problem.
JefHaugh

Re: No sound on P105 S6014 after clean install of Windows 7

Same here but on a P105 S6147. I upgraded from Vista to Win7 (32 bit). The sound worked fine for a while but now -- nothing. All the diagnostics say it works ("this device is working properly" or when I play something the bars move to indicate sound intensity).

I've reloaded the drivers and the Toshiba Software Installer for Windows 7. Nothing.

I've checked the front panel jack. Nothing.

I've checked the volume control wheel. Nothing.

It's like the sound is being misdirected, but I have no idea how to trace it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

ljuba1

Same problem here. After my laptop fell down no sound att all on internal speakers, only when I hook up external speakers or headphones I can hear the sound.

lotsofvomit

Had the same problem.  I upgraded to windows 7.  Found this driver .exe that fixed it.

1. go here http://download.driverguide.com/driver/P105-S6014/Toshiba/d895249.html

2. click the download tab

3. Choose your option.  I chose "Download this file by viewing a series of ads (no registration required)" .  I looked all over and this was the only one that worked for me, but it did work.  The only privacy stuff I had to fill out was year of birth, sex, and zipcode, it let me skip thru the ads (think there was like 5).

4.  I think the download started automatically (minus having to allow the download).

I tried to attach the file to this post, but it's too big.

lotsofvomit

If this worked for you, help some folks out and list your model number!  I looked for this mother for like a week and downloaded 4 other drivers that didn't work.

Regular Contributor
Altair

On some of these units you may need to force the Vista driver.  That worked for me. 

Occasional Contributor
adrian2910

hi

before you install the sound i do suggest the first thing that you need to do is  to check the device first in the device manager because theres no sense if you will install the driver if the hardware it self is not detected if its not detected do power flee ( remove power adaptor , remove battery hold power button down for 10 secs.)

reconnect everything go to the BIOS and set it to default (hit F12 upon booting up ) press F9 to set it to default and F10 save and exit changes and once the Nb firing up go to device manager and check the sound if the sound is detected install the driver and it should work but if it didnt its repair time

gud luck

adrian 

Regular Contributor
Altair

There was an issue on this system going from XP to Vista.  The sound would not work yet Device Manager looked fine.  I had to force the sound driver.  You may have to do it here as well.  Not sure.  This was a while back that I did it.  We self extracted the sound driver and manually installed it.