kmhinds

No sound from laptop (toshiba satellite)

I have no sound coming from the laptop but it says all speakers are working normally.  I have no sound when  earphones are plugged in either
Regular Advisor
iSkO

Re: No sound from laptop (toshiba satellite)

Hi,

You might be needing to reinstall the soundcard driver. May we know the model of your laptop ?

Toshiba Satellite A205 intel celeron with windows vista. thank you
Regular Advisor
iSkO

Hi,

Ex. of a model number is this -> A205-S4537

But anyways, most of this model uses Realtek Soundcard. Try installing this -> Realtek Audio Driver for Windows Vista

would this cause it not to have sound through earphones either?

Frequent Advisor
Pensacola_Tiger

Have you checked the volume thumbwheel on the front of the notebook?
Regular Advisor
iSkO

kmhinds wrote:

would this cause it not to have sound through earphones either?

Yes, If soundcard is not properly configured on the system .

no i have not checked that didnt really know what that was for but i installed the driver and it still does not work...boy this is so frustrating
Regular Advisor
iSkO

kmhinds wrote:
no i have not checked that didnt really know what that was for but i installed the driver and it still does not work...boy this is so frustrating

Have you verified that the sound is not muted  and the volume control is all the way up ?  Try to hook up an external speaker  or another headset .

I do not have an external speaker sorry.  But it acts like it is muted but it is not the only sound i get is a pop sound when the computer first starts up or when it tries to play sound sometimes
Regular Advisor
iSkO

When was the last time that you were able to hear sound properly on the system ? You might consider in running a system restore first.

Click Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tooks > System Restore.

I am having similar problems. I do have sound but very low sound. Nothing is muted, and volume all the way up. Does anyone have any suggestions? If I buy external speakers will this fix the problem if there is an internal problem?