YS
YS

No Audio Devices are installed

One of the users whom I support on IT is running Windows Vista on Toshiba Portege M600 (Model: PPM61L-01G008).

He is having a strange problem that his audio device keeps going off. 

In the system tray, the volume icon button is marked with X and it says that "No Audio Devices are installed.".
In device manager, I don't see any devices look like sound/audio.

Upon researching the issue on the internet, I could find that another user of Toshiba Portege M600, but with a different model number has solved the same issue by updating the BIOS of his machine.

I want to try out the same thing, but am not able to get the BIOS update from anywhere for my model.

Please Note: The current BIOS Version/Date is: Toshiba V 1.90 6/15/2007

Request for help !

Regards

Yagyesh

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: No Audio Devices are installed

YS
YS

Thank you so much for your help Jerry !

I shall download, and work on the problem, and also update you with the results.

On another note, I want to understand from you the way of finding out the driver required by me on the Toshiba web-site. As I think I also tried looking for the driver on the toshiba-asia web-site, but did not get the BIOS driver in the result of my search.

Many thanks !

Yagyesh

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

You'll want to look up the drivers and utilities for that machine on the Toshiba Asia site, Yagyesh.

Toshiba Asia download site

Unfortunately, pc.toshiba-asia.com has been unavailable about half the time for the past few days. I had to wait a day or so for it before I could respond to your message.

Good luck!

-Jerry