andrealoves

Laptop sound brrrrp

[ Edited ]

Hi guys so basically  bought a laptop about two weeks ago and about a week ago i noticed that when im playing videos or audios , a strange brrrrp lag sound appears for one second and then goes away and continues playing what i was watching/listening to. Btw my laptop is satellite c55t-a ,2.4Ghz,4gb of memory,processor pentium,hard drive SATA. Do you guys think there is something wrong with the computer or it is just a normal lag. I am kind of worried since i have never owned a Toshiba laptop.:smileyfrustrated: The sound comes at time, maybe one to twice aday , the computer is used for more than 8 hours aday..... I did scans and check if the audio drivers were working properly, and everything seems ok. I have no idea what it is,  

I found this video on youtube and that is how my computer sounds exactly but it only does it like once aday only for one second

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSwPtJkK4XM

someone said it is buffer underrun

Peter

Re: Laptop sound brrrrp

Does it do that only when watching something online or with locally stored media files as well?

Can you give me the part number that begins with a 'P'?

- Peter
andrealoves

[ Edited ]

It does it with in online and localy stored files but i noticed that it happens most of the time when im trying to load up the web or other pages?It does it more with online like youtube, it only did it once with a local file .......... 

I need help?? Is my computer messed up or is this normal?? It is only 2 weeks old :smileysad:

p/n:  PSCF6U-02H00L

Peter

Try reinstalling this.

IDT Audio driver Version: 6.10.6472.0 Posted Date: 2013-05-23

Next, hold the Windows button and press 'x' to open a menu in the lower-left. Select "Device Manager." In the Device Manager, expand "Network adapters." What's listed there?

- Peter
andrealoves

I hit the link to reinstall it , and installed it, then on the device manager i expanded network and adapters and these are listed 

Microsoft kernel debug network adapter

Qualcomm Atheros AR8162/8166/8168 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

Realtek RTL8188E Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

Peter

Has the problem happened again? If it does happen again, download and install this:

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver Version: 2.00.0021 Posted Date: 2013-05-03

I'd suggest not installing that until it happens again (if it does). I know it seems unrelated, but I've seen this fix similar problems in the past.

- Peter
andrealoves

It still happen so i downloaded the second link u gave it and hopefully it gets fix... do you think my computer's harware or motherboard is messed up ?? Like i said only happen like one time aday

Peter

It's possible, but it's hard to know for sure.

- Peter
andrealoves

How do i update the high definition audio controller manually , i dont want to pay for the program ...........

Peter

All available drivers for your computer can be found here by putting your part number in the box and hitting enter, then clicking the "Drivers & Updates" tab.

I gave you the link for your audio driver earlier, but you could try this utility as well:

DTS Sound Utility Version: 1.0.0.62 Posted Date: 2013-06-10

- Peter