vernon

Re: Internal Mic not Working

just got my L745D-S4320, one week and its showing no mic (internal mic).tried control panel, updating-nothing works.help pls.

Moosemuncher

[ Edited ]

Same problem here with Satellite A200-TR6.  Have reinstalled sound drivers, checked everything I can find, still not working. 

Where is Toshiba on this?

vernon

i just download the conexant audio driver and the webcam driver again cause somebody here said that how they got theirs working..but still not working L745D-S4320

Occasional Contributor
keiichi

Try to uninstall completelly the conexant audio driver, then Reboot your notebook. After that windows will recognize itself the best driver. That was my solution, now my mic is working fine.

I hope it works for you.

vernon

tried unstalling the conexant audio, then reboot and still it says no mic..so 1st i unistalled the webcam and conexant driver..then installed each back one by one and rebooted and tested it time,still nothing..last i did what the last post suggested,nothing..

susanth

I had the similar problem. Initially I thought it was the problem with drivers but it was the hardware which troubled me. So don't take a chance like I did..Have you guys checked with the hardware? I guess it's not the fault of Drivers that you have installed..must be the problem with the hardware. But still make sure to check the drivers you installed are compatible with the model you are using..

virtuouswoman83

I uninstalled the Conexant driver but my mic still say that it's unplugged! What should I do?

Rick777

Yes, this is pathetic. Toshiba doesn't care...they already got your money!!!  That's the state of things with every single industry nowadays - they get your money and then they lie to you, ignore you, hang up on you, re-route you, etc. in order to avoid helping you out - that way they "save" money.  I worl for a cmajor car rental company and they train us to do just that - pass the buck - leave ppl stranded at the airports without cars, etc.  Customer services nowadays are non-existant - all that matters to corporations is to get richer and richer and the customer is -- well - replaceable.  My advice, don't buy this brand anymore and make your annoyance public as I'm doing. If enough ppl do it, their number will be affected and perhaps they start treating customers with some respect. By the way, my internal mic stop working properly also and Toshiba couldn´t care less about it....

bindhast555

Internal Microphone not Working

Hello, Its been 3 months since I bought this SATELITE A665-6100X laptop. The internal microphone was working when i bought it but now it has stopped working.

This is making life measurable as I am not able make VC calls. Tried couple of options suggested in the forum but didnt worked.

Is there any other suggestion ?

How come TOSHIBA is keeping streight face when there are so many complaints about the qaulity of its product?

Is TOSHIBA listening ??

xaositec

I have a Satellite L645D and i have the same problem...

PLEASE TOSHIBA, ANSWER! I don't think it's right to call a problem solved when somebody is suggesting usu to COMPLETELY INSTALL A NEW WIN 7 VERSION, I have my original restore disks, and installing everything back over again is not solving the problem. Please, help us with it!

Dawsong

I took my laptop to toshiba guarantee they changed the mic and now is working well :smileyvery-happy:

JMartinOFC

The answer to the mic problem was answered and it was due to using "Fast Boot". I use fast boot but cannot remember where I enabled the feature. Can anyone, especially the person peterkeiser2001 posting the answer, tell me where its located and if they had to reload the webcam drivers or not. Thanks in Advance.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Go to Start/All Programs/Toshiba/Utilities/HW Setup/Boot Priority/Select Normal/Apply/Okay.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
JMartinOFC

Thanks C.B.

Your way was probably the way I setup fast boot in the beginning.

I went thru BIOS (F2+Power Button/Advanced Tab/F6 to change fast to normal/F10 to save and exit.

When I followed your directions it reflected normal boot, which is what I wanted anyway. My speech recognition, recording sound and webcam with audio and video now works. I'm now ready for SKYPE.

Thank you for your help as it was an easier and safer route to take.

THanks again and thanks to our visitor for the mic solution. 

chappelli

i can verify ... IT IS the quick boot option....... i just carried out my 6 monthly format and enabled "Quick Boot". i had  reloaded all my software including Skype, and no mic????? i disabled "Quick Boot" and presto.. skype is all happy again...

P.S. i really didnt notice any difference with "Quick Boot" enabled so i ask TOSHIBA TOSHIBA TOSHIBA what is the purpose of this and why does it have a detrimantal effect?????

Regs Chappelli. 

cb89138

Hey,

I followed everything up until the "select normal" which wasn't an option on my computer...I have the l505d-s5965...help? tips?

JMartinOFC

C.B. Provided the smart and safe route to selecting how your system loads (Thru Toshiba utility/hdsetup).

I used (F2+Power Button/Advanced Tab/F6 to change fast to normal/F10 to save and exit).

They both achieve the same effect.  Repost if you're still having problems.

Rich52

I have the same problem. I also don't have the "normal" option. When I try pushing F2 and the power button at the same time my computer just turns off. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

Ray_M

As all of you, I have the same problem. I have a Sattelite L755D-S5204, and have tried all that was posted on here: updates, uninstall/reinstall, uninstall Conexant w/reboot, Install Original Microsoft Drivers w/reboot, and disabling Fast Boot. I still have no luck. It still says Microphone not Plugged in, but thats reading it as the3.5mm jack, not the built in. Ideas?

alhamdulillah

How can I restore the built-in microphone of my Satellite A355D-S6921 which was lost after reformatting my laptop?