crazy4bassin
Accepted Solution

Internal Mic not Working

The internal microphone is not working on my satellite L645D laptop. Windows 7 64 bit.  I reinstalled the sound drivers and web cam drivers from the Toshiba website to no avail.

fleshandfantasy

Re: Internal Mic not Working

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem. My mic was wonky before, so I reinstalled the sound drivers and now it doesn't work at all.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5911, any help appreciated. Thanks.

linnel

im having the same problem. my toshiba sat L645 is only 3 months old. did u get urs fixed??

speedemin

I have the Satellite L645D-S4036, and I'm having the same problem, I reinstalled the audio drivers, and the internal mic doesn't even show up in the sound options, but the audio in port does and it works fine. It's been this way since I got my laptop new, I hope someone can find a solution to this.

Occasional Contributor
keiichi

I'm having the same issue, the mic stop working about two days ago. Reinstalled the audio driver several times with no success.

prabathds99

Re: Internal Mimic not Working

I had same problem in while. I update the latest Bios. For me L640 Bios version 2.30.

After that internal mic is working fine.

lcgarciau

Same problem to me with a Satellite L645d-4100, the Conexant CX20587 SmartAudio HD microphone Says: Not Plugged in?

No Bios upgrade.

Occasional Contributor
keiichi

I've been 2 months without mic because my internal mic never worked again.

If anyone have any clue how to solve this...

peterkaiser2001

i have satellite l655d laptop i got 6 month ago the internal mic did not work. reloaded sound file did not work. but reloaded web cam and it came online hope this will help.

peterkaiser2001

on my l655d-s5095 you can not use fast boot or the internal mic will go off line. but if you do not use fast boot you can reload web cam and it will come online. hope this will work for you

cj-gadgets

Please help, my laptop wont detect my in-bilt mic. Tried updating the drivers many times. Toshiba Satelite P100

peterkaiser2001

sound files or web cam files if sound reload wab cam files that should get it working

kalani

I got my satelite L500D laptop over a year ago and just recently decided I wanted to get a webcam. I thought my computer had a built in mic, but when I tried to talk to someone over video chat, they couldln't hear me. my computer shows that I HAVE a mic, and that it is turned up to full volume, but no one can hear me!! someone please help

Bruce007

I have an A355-S6935 and having the same problem.  Obviously there is an issue with this, I wish toshiba would step in. 

debiose

i just bought my laptop and the mic is not broken and i have the same problem i tried restoring and the same problem white noise is all you can hear the mic is not broken but there is a software problem only had my laptop 2 weeks has there been a fix for this or what toshiba is sliping on this one mic i am a computer technichian and networking professional there is a software problem here. i have a satellite L675D-S7106

Dawsong

same here with a sat a665-s6067

Occasional Contributor
keiichi

This is ridiculous so many ppl with the same problem and Toshiba is not responding.

livingblessd

I had reinstalled Windows 7 and completely cleaned the last Windows 7 system I had. The internal mic C working even though I had Conexant Audio driver downloaded, the mic said "not plugged in" so... I uninstalled the audio driver completely. Then the comnputer installed the default audio driver and the internal mic was found. I reinstalled Conexant audio to update my audio

Occasional Contributor
keiichi

I can confirm what livingblessd posted!

Uninstalling the Conexant audio driver completely solved my mic problem.

Now mic is working again, Toshiba L645D. Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bits.

Peace! 

natmom

I have a Satellite L305D-S5974. My mic stopped working while I was using Skype. I've had no luck following any of the previous suggestions.  If this is a widespread product problem, perhaps Toshiba needs to issue a fix before it is brought to litigation. Any help would be appreciated.