khoinq09

Installing card sound driver (loaded from Toshiba.com)---> code 10 : How to do next? Advices -thanks

My laptop L305-S5939 has been lost sound by my son. In Task bar indicated: No audio output device is installed.

I checked, down loaded driver for the laptop on Product support code (driver-audio -realtek-27489C).

Installed it directly from the file down load : code 10

Then removed via Control panel/Program & feature

Then re installed via Control panel/Add new hardware: code 10

How can I do next? (My laptop use genuin drivers, Vista 64. I haven't been updated any driver)

It taked me 3 days to solve the problem. Pls help asap. Thanks.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Installing card sound driver (loaded from Toshiba.com)---> code 10 : How to do next? Advices

khoinq09

Re: Installing card sound driver (loaded from Toshiba.com)---> code 10 : How to do next? Advices

thanks

After reinstalling, Device manager display "Realtek high definition audio" with "!" mark in a yellow triangular. Double click in the report a table display: the device can not start.

How to do next? 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

What happens when you do this? Right-click the device in Device Manager and click Uninstall. After it's uninstalled, click Scan for hardware changes on the Action menu.

-Jerry
khoinq09

I followed your guide, the computer display: all hardware work normally.

I used a software detech hardware, it display all hardware ecept card soud (it says: can not retrieve the divice).

I guess: card sound died already. Is that right?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I guess: card sound died already. Is that right?

Probably. To be sure you would need to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media.

-Jerry