gtdanb

How to turn computer speaker off when using external speaker

On my Satellite A665-S6054 laptop, my computer speakers remain on when I connect to an external speaker. Is there a way so sound comes only through the external speaker? Thanks

brazzle

Re: How to turn computer speaker off when using external speaker

I am having the same problem. I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite A665-S6086 laptop and I'm trying to connect external speakers but I'm not having any luck getting the sound to come out through the external speakers. When I insert the green plug into the headphone jack, the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" comes up and I've tried selecting both the "Headphone" and "Line Out" options but neither of them work. The sound either doesn't work at all or it still comes out of the internal speakers.

When I try to update the Sound options in the Control Panel, my external speakers don't show up in the list. The Realtek HD Audio is the only option available.

I'm not having any luck online finding how to turn off the internal speakers so any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Occasional Contributor
Stampy

I seem to have a somewhat similar probleme but on a x305-Q725 Laptop on which I made a custom windows 7 install but when I plug my head set on the computer, the speakers are still making sounds !!! (kinda of annoying)

Occasional Contributor
Stampy

Hey I found a fix that worked for me:

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Sound-Audio/how-to-turn-off-internal-speakers/m-p/72273#M3844

"I suffered the same misfortune but eventually figured it out. Open the "Realtek Audio Manager" from the "Hardware and Sound" folder. Right-click on the headphone-input image in the "Analog" box, click "Connecter Retasking," and select "Headphone." Problem solved, for me at any rate."