Occasional Contributor
olo320i

How get Stereo Mix on Conexant sound card SOLUTION

Hello Folks..
I will write here what to do to run the "stereo mix" on a laptop-equipped with a sound card Conexant.
I ran this function on my laptop Satelilite P500
to run this function you need drivers nr. 4.111.0.62
These drivers can be downloaded from Lenovo's Web site,
These are the drivers from Lenovo G555 Model IN2AUD25WW5.exe
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=150169
unpack the file IN2AUD25WW5.exe using winrar or 7zip
next step is to find in the file "W7-64" or"W7-32" file "NELCC2wa.inf"
open the file "NELCC2wa.inf" using "notepad" and add ENTRY under Conexant.NTamd64.6.0]--->>vista
                                                                                                or Conexant.NTamd64.6.1]--->>7

ENTRY
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Pebble5071.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModelNELA0V,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5067&SUBSYS_1179FFD4

this entry its Hardware id. can be traced in the Device Manager
after the entry, save and close the file "NELCC2wa.inf"
next step is update the driver by Device Manager
in the Device Manager find the entry "Conexant"
right-click and select "update driver"
then you select "instal from a list or specific location" or Let me pick from a disk

and then point the location where you saved unpacked and moded file "NELCC2wa.inf"
after this computer start update the driver
if everything will be good, after installation you should find the "stereo mix" in the settings sounds
enjoy..
ps. This also works with XP 32 and 64 bit using driver 3.97.0.0 from Lenovo

deadmau5

Re: How get Stereo Mix on Conexant sound card SOLUTION

You sir, have all my respect.

THANKS!

mattersfact2

[ Edited ]

I can not thank you enough!!!  This worked great for my system (non Toshiba brand computer)

I had to tweak your instructions a little, so I would like to add more detail for clarification for anyone who wishes to attempt this "fix".

As instructed - follow that link to Lenovo's support page and download the file.

It's an executable file, so  DO NOT click it to activate it. (I did that accidentally). It will give you an error and shut down the install.  Instead, do as directed and open the file in WinZip - I wasn't sure how to do this, so I just opened WinZip and dragged the IN2AUD25WW5.exe file from Lenovo INTO the opened WinZip window.

I DID NOT see any folders such as the W7-64 or W7-32 inside.  These folders DO exist in the drivers folder on my system, however, but I did not see them inside the exe file opened in WinZip.  The inf file, however, WAS in there.  I pulled the "NELCCwa.inf" file from the WinZip window to my desktop, opened it with notepad, found the line "Conexant.NTamd64.6.1" for Windows 7, added the entry (as the last line in that group) as instructed, and saved the file.

I put this edited file inside my drivers folder on my system (inside there was a Conexant folder, I stuck it in there).  If you have another file with this name already in there, put a copy of THAT file in another location for safe keeping in case things don't work out and you need to restore the original file.  

I did actually have a copy of this file in my Conexant drivers folder, but I suspect it was installed when I accidentally clicked the exe file from Lenovo's site and the install failed.  Hence....DON'T DO THAT!! LOL  

After I put the edited inf file in the Conexant drivers folder, I went to Device Manager and told it that I wanted to update the driver for Conexant with my own file/disc, pointing it to the modified "NELCCwa.inf" file.

Sure enough, when I went into "sound" in Control Panel I FINALLY had STEREO MIX under the record tab available. FINALLY!

Nero and Goldwave did not see it yet, however.  I did a system reboot, now they do.

Again, I can't thank you enough for the link and the very important info on editing the inf file.  I bought this ASUS system as a multimedia system and was so disappointed to have this problem with the sound card.  NOT A PROBLEM ANY MORE thanks to you! I could kiss you a million times!!  :smileyhappy: 

djdigital

This did not work for me...

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite L755-S5216 laptop. I followed the original instructions to the letter. When I went into Device Manager and tried to update the driver using that new edited file, it told me I already had the most updated version of the driver. I did a system restart anyway, checked my Recording tab, and saw no Stereo Mix option.

I use this audio input to record records and cassettes onto my computer, and this laptop is no good if I can't record in stereo. My previous laptop, a Dell Inspiron, was about 4 years old and running really slow, yet it could record in stereo. I really don't want to have to go back to my old laptop just so I can record. That defeats the purpose of buying a new laptop.

So if anyone can offer any further advice that would be great. Thanks!

(additional ranting: Why would any manufacturer want to allow a mono-recording capability with everything being in "high def" and "5.1 surround" now? Makes no sense.)

Occasional Contributor
olo320i

Re: This did not work for me...

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Pebble5071.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModelNELA0V,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5067

&SUBSYS_1179FFD4

you add thise string ?? if yes it cant work,

for your computer add this:

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.CNXTCodec.DeviceDesc% = HdAud2058x-11z, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5069&SUBSYS_1179FCB3
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.CNXTCodec.DeviceDesc% = HdAud2058x-11z, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5069&SUBSYS_1179FC50
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.CNXTCodec.DeviceDesc% = HdAud2058x-11z, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5069&SUBSYS_1179FC51
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.CNXTCodec.DeviceDesc% = HdAud2058x-11z, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5069&SUBSYS_1179FCD0
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.CNXTCodec.DeviceDesc% = HdAud2058x-11z, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5069&SUBSYS_1179FD52
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.CNXTCodec.DeviceDesc% = HdAud2058x-11z, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5069&SUBSYS_1179FDD2
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.CNXTCodec.DeviceDesc% = HdAud2058x-11z, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5069&SUBSYS_1179FDD3
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.CNXTCodec.DeviceDesc% = HdAud2058x-11z, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5069&SUBSYS_1179FD53
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.CNXTCodec.DeviceDesc% = HdAud2058x-11z.MAXX,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5069&SUBSYS_1179FC53
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.CNXTCodec.DeviceDesc% = HdAud2058x-21z.TE7, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_506D&SUBSYS_1179FCB3
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.CNXTCodec.DeviceDesc% = HdAud2058x-21z.BU,  HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_506E&SUBSYS_1179FCC0
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.CNXTCodec.DeviceDesc% = HdAud2058x-21z.BU,  HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_506E&SUBSYS_1179FD40

Occasional Contributor
olo320i

Re: This did not work for me...

or add to this entry

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Pebble5071.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModelNELA0V,HDAUDIO\FUNC_------> here write exactly id from your computer ,you'll find it in the Device Manager

Guji

Awesome post!!! Helped me out a lot :smileyhappy:

FredT

Hi Your suggested solution to enabling stereo mix on Conexant sound card is something I have been looking for, however, I couldn't get your instructions to work. I have attached the inf file on my driver disk. I would be very grated

ful if you could suggest how I should amend it.

gigicom

Hi, i have the same problem with my satellite L635 S3104 but did'nt work your post please help me :smileysad:

_Shane_

Worked like a charm!   Thank you so much!

cheg

Really need someones help.

I have a L755-s5244 and I follwed direction but didnt work. Windows 7 gave me errors about the driver.

Can someone post the exact instructions for this laptop.

I think this is the last time I purchase a Toshiba. always have problems with drivers.

If I can not get this working, I will return to staples and order a HP or Dell theat works

perimetrodf

Excellent driver does not know how I helped!
for my Acer 5250 Thanksfrom Mexico

aimpacc

hi my download keeps breaking halfway. can someone upload the inf file please thx

danjamin

dude, i love you for this solution, what i needed to do was open it in WinRAR, unpack the W7-64 folder, then add the registry value you gave on the top, just under where you said, then i had to go into device manager and find conexant, then i had to ''update driver'' then, ''browse my computer'' THEN AND MOST IMPORTANT DONT search for the driver at the top, instead, ''pick from a list of drivers on my computer'' then go to ''have disk'' then seach for the modded FOLDER not just the FILE, so the WHOLE W7-64 folder and then update driver,

it comes up with lots of warnings that it will damage ur comp and that it is an unknown software, and that your sound will no longer work after installing but this is ALL untrue i assure you..

this should help people with the ''you already have the lastest version'' message if you follow what i say exactly!!!!

w/e ur driver version at the time will not matter, it will update to ''4.111.0.62'' whether ur on the latest versions, or older versions, or even lets say ''4.111.0.63'' or one of the new ''4.8'' versions :smileyvery-happy:

stereo mix will be there without restarting but please restart before using anything. it is important.

hope this helps anyone still having probems, this has worked with all Conexant HD sound cards ive tried, regardless of make of computer/laptop. but make sure you have the correct version. 32 or 64 folder depending on your windows bit version. the file to change on the 32 bit folder is called ''NECC2xa'' and not ''NELCC2wa'' like the 64 bit version.

hope this helps with an array of problems if you read it carefully. sorry i wrote this really quickly but ive coverd all problems...

kudos to the person who started this thread, i would not have been able to do it without him, because i didnt know the driver version and missing registry key for it to work

Ive recently been in contact with ASUS and Conexant so that they can make this solution public and help people achive this... the reason i contacted ASUS, is because they were awating a reply from me from months ago for a solution of their customers as even they had no solution, as checking each file and registry value with each version seems to be a timesome thing.. (ik timesome is not a word get over it) any problems, message me ill talk you though it.

danjamin.

;D

Occasional Contributor
AcrUsr

[ Edited ]

Hello Folks,

i think i solved the problem finally without installing a new driver !!!

First you have to locate the audio driver .inf file on your computer. In my case it is AcrPebwa.inf located in the directory "W7-64". In my case the .inf file is branded, my computer is an acer notebook. The original name of the file is chdrt.inf. In the case of olo320i it is NELCC2wa.inf for example.

If you can't find the file, use the Win7 in file search and search for the string "EpSettings\StereoMixEnable,Enable" (without quotation marks) and you will find the correct file.

Second you have to edit this file. You have to search for ALL entries like in this block:

;HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\StereoMixEnable,Enable,1,01

;HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\StereoMixEnable,MixAssocSeq,1,E0,E0
;HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\StereoMixEnable,MuteGainSettings,1,

As you can see, there is an semicolon at the beginning in each line. You have to delete all the semicolons in the complete block.

The block could be similar, but the first line is exactly like this. For each audio card version there are many entries like this in the file. You have to edit all blocks, if you are not sure, which audio card version is yours.

Third you have to save the file and re-install the driver. I have the german version of Win7, so i don't know exactly the exact description of the following buttons. So they can be similar to my description: Open the device manager. Open "Audio Video Game Controller". Right click on "Conexant High definition audio". Click on "Update driver software". Click on "Local / manual search on computer". Click on "Choose driver from a list" or "instal from a list or specific location". Click on "Data medium..." or "Disk drive..." or similar. Now choose the edited file and confirm all requests with yes / ok or similar. After installing, you have to restart your computer. NOW YOU HAVE "Stereomix". HALLELUJA!!!  :-)

Occasional Contributor
AcrUsr

If it works on your computer, please post it :smileyhappy:

KNoWMoRe

Hi,

First of all thank you for you post. I was going crazy trying to find the file NELCC2wa.inf However after your post, looking at the COnexant folder in Program Files,made me realise that  it uses oem7.inf file instead of NelCC2wa.inf file.

I was relived to find it and be able to modify it as you have mentioned. However, going back to driver manager to update Conexant (I have browsed my computer to point it to for eg. C:\PROGRAM FILES\CONEXANT\CNXT_AUDIO_HDA  location ). The only problem is that it doesn't update itself and keeps coming up with a : THE BEST DRIVER SOFTWARE FOR YOUR DRIVER IS ALREADY INSTALLED:

I'm bit frustrated. Can you please help..

Regards...

Occasional Contributor
AcrUsr

Ok,

1. You have to open the device manager.

2. Now open "Audio Video Game Controller" and right click on "Conexant High definition audio".

3. Select the first choice: "Update driver software" (or similar in english version).

4. Select the second choice: "Local / manual search on computer" (or similar in english version).

5. Then select again the second choice: "Choose driver from a list" or "install from a list or specific location" (or similar in english version)

6. Now select "From Disk..." or similar (Button in the lower right corner)

7. Now choose the edited file and confirm all requests with yes / ok or similar.

8. Hopefully you can understand my english description ;-)

9. Good luck!

Occasional Contributor
AcrUsr

In the german Win7 Version is it as following:

1. Open the "Gerätemanager".

2. Select "Audio-, Video-, und Gamecontroller" and right click on "Conexant High definition audio".

3. Select the first choice: "Treibersoftware aktualisieren..."

4. Select the second choice: "Auf dem Computer nach Treibersoftware suchen"

5. Then select again the second choice: "Aus einer Liste von Gerätetreibern auf dem Computer auswählen"

6. Now select "Datenträger..." (Button in the lower right corner)

7. Now choose the edited file and confirm all requests with yes / ok or similar.

Occasional Contributor
AcrUsr

[ Edited ]

Look to this pictures how to install the driver manually and

how the .inf file looks like and how to get your audio card version: