GodofPancakes
Accepted Solution

Headphones in, audio out both laptop and headphones

Is this a coincidence that it happened around the same time or is there an option in the computer to turn off the laptop speakers when the audio input is detected? 

As the subject says, whenever I plug in my headphones, sound comes out from both the laptop speakers AND the headphones. I think this occurred when a bit of the outside ring got chipped off. I have a picture of the audio jack.

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Headphones in, audio out both laptop and headphones

[ Edited ]

I think it's coincidence about the chip. Without your headphones  plugged in, try going into Control Panel and see if you have 'Realtek HD Audio Manager' and then click on that. Inside this on the right hand side, above ANALOG, you will see a little folder icon, click on that and put the checkmark on 'Enable auto pop dialog....' and click 'OK'. Then try to plug your headphones in again, and put the checkmark on 'Headphones' and click 'OK'.

If you do not have the Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel, then give us your specific model number/name like, Satellite C655-S5047, and your model's Part Number, like PSC08U-00V01E. You can find this info on the Toshiba label on the bottom of your computer. Also, we need your OS version like Windows 7 64bit. You should always give this information everytime you post a problem here.

Please let us know what happens, or get back to us with the above information. Good luck.

Mike

GodofPancakes

Thank you for responding so quickly :smileyvery-happy:

I did the steps, but when I plugged my headphones back in, the pop-up dialogue didn't well, pop up. The headphones still plugged in as usual and i heard sounds from both the laptop and the headphones (I DID press okay on the screen to make sure the settings saved before I plugged in the headphones).

Here is my computer information:

Satellite M645-S4070

Part No.: PSMPBU-00R01R <ES5.0>

I am running a Windows 7 64-bit.

Super Advisor
miker643

Satellite M645-S4070

Let's try reinstalling your sound driver that controls all that. Also, make sure you push headphone jack in all the way. Download this file to your desktop and double click on it to install.

Realtek Audio Driver

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

GodofPancakes

I reinstalled the sound driver and it still acts as it did before (sound out of both headphones and speakers). I also went through the previous steps again, but with no success.

One other point that I left out was that when the ring popped out, i pushed my headphone jack in "all the way," which may have hurt some of the inside mechanics.

Super Advisor
miker643

Then it would appear that your problem is no coincidence in regard to the headphone jack damage. You can only try to get the Mic, Headphone Jack Board replaced, as it would appear to be no longer capable of sensing when you plug something in.

Mike

GodofPancakes

All right. Thank you very much for your input and time!

k10hill

Hi, I am having the same problem ~ speakers do not turn off when headphones plugged in.  I have a L455D-S5976 and there is not a "Realtek HD Audio Manager" option in the Sounds panel.  I tried to change the "Playback devices" to headphones, however, Speakers are the only option.   What should I do?

Thanks!

Kristen

petervin

I did the steps, but when I plugged my headphones back in, the pop-up dialogue didn't well, pop up. The headphones still plugged in as usual and i heard sounds from both the laptop and the headphones (I DID press okay on the screen to make sure the settings saved before I plugged in the headphones)

line_carv

Hello, my microphone does not work. Waht can I do?? I have a Toshiba Satellite L755-S5244 Laptop

I do not have the Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel. My OS version is Windows 7 64bit.

Thank you

sandisk

Thanks Mike, had the same problem and it worked.

Dereksp1

I have a brand new Toshiba L850d satellite and had the same problem and like most was frustrated trying to get the speakers to turn off with the headphones plugged in and then it hit me leave the headphones plugged in and restart the computer and it worked (autodetect? i guess) Listening to tunes and typing hope this helps someone worked for me.      Rock it!

TheTech1237

What is the file for the Realtek HD Audio Manager for my laptop? My information is: Satellite C655D-S5332, Windows 7 64bit, Part number, PSC0YU-03T02D.

ymarsan

NO SOUND IN SPEAKER OR HEADPHONE

HI, MY LAPTOP IS A M645-S4070 AND NO SOUND NEITHER SPEAKER OR HEADPHONE BUT WHEN I CONNECT THE HEADPHONE I CAN LISTEN A SOUND LIKE A SCRATCH IN THE SPEAKER BUT IT'S RARE THEY SOUND I'D TURN OFF THE LAPTOP WHEN I TURN ON IN THE NEXT DAY THEY BE IN SILENT FOREVER

PrinceFikeTesfaye

there is no option above the analoge icon on windows 8

PrinceFikeTesfaye

toshiba pcs are somehow  are not good at sound systems  specialy their earfon plugin slots  and i shuould hv to plug in my earphone not to far inside not far out side zat means inorder to get a correct sound i hav to plugin to the middle and i cant connect to external speakers and get cool sounds