jstnreed

Headphone jack not working. . .

So after I reinstalled Windows Vista using the disks from Toshiba, Windows working fine but the headphone jack does not work. I used different pairs of headphones but the speaker stays on and no sound in the headphones when they are plugged in. 

I need some help - just point me in the right direction if it is a driver issue(Windows says the driver is up-to-date, that is the sound card driver) I don't think it is - but don't whatelse it could be.

Model: Toshiba Satellite M305D-S4831

Thank-you so much. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Headphone jack not working. . .

Satellite M305D-S4831 

Wouldn't hurt to reinstall the driver.

Conexant Audio Driver for Windows Vista

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
Techman

If the speakers stay on when you plug headphones in, try plugging the headphones into the microphone jack just to see if the speakers turn off.
This signature left intentionally blank.
jstnreed

First off - conexant HD audio driver was not on my computer, i searched for it and could not find it to unistall.

Then I downloaded the driver under the hyperlink - When I went to install it, I unzipped it and then it would be installing and it said failure.

I don't know why that is . . .

And then the putting the headphones in the mic did not work either  - I tried that though before I posted this problem.  

Regular Advisor
Defender

Conexant Audio Driver for Windows Vista (v4.36.7.50; 05-30-2008; 14M)
 According to the system spec this is the river for your unit.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

conexant HD audio driver was not on my computer,

If you opened Device Manager (devmgmt.msc), expanded Sound, video and game controllers, and couldn't find a Conexant device there, then the hardware is most likely malfunctioning. 

-Jerry
jstnreed

Well, yeah I figured that out but what do I do? I mean I didn't mess with it. It is a problem with the computer. . . Nothing has worked so far. 
Occasional Advisor
1shado1

So you're POSITIVE that the headphone jack was working fine immediately before reinstalling Windows Vista?
jstnreed

Yes, it was for sure. No doubts.