tekedal

Headphone Jack Not Working/Recognized Anymore

Hi,

I have a Tecra R840 and since a few weeks ago, my headphone jack just doesn't even work anymore. It is like my computer doesn't even realize it when I plug my headphones in. The sound just keeps playing on the built in speakers. Is this a driver problem or something? If so, where do I go to get the driver reinstalled? Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

Peter

Re: Headphone Jack Not Working/Recognized Anymore

What's the full model number? There should be a second, hyphenated portion on the label on the bottom. If there isn't, give the part number.

- Peter
tekedal

Hi. I don't have the full model number, but here is the part number: PT429U-03Y01F

Thanks for the help.

tekedal

Do you think it might just be the drivers that need to be reinstalled? Thanks for any help. It is greatly appreciated.

Peter

That could be. Try reinstalling this.

Realtek Audio Driver(v5.10.0.6297; 05-19-2011; 32.79M)

- Peter
tekedal

Thanks. I will try this. But I just wanted to verify that this is the correct file if I am running Windows 7. PLease let me know. Thanks!

tekedal

So, is this ok to re-install on my Windows 7 system too?

Peter

Peculiar that it lists XP, but that's what's listed as being applicable to your model.

Try it, and if it gives you any additional problems, you can use System Restore to roll it back. Then we'll try to look for a driver from a similar machine that might work.

- Peter
tekedal

Hey Peter,

I tried to install that driver and when it was just about finished with the instalation it said "No driver was supported in the packet". What do you think? Thanks.

Peter

tekedal

Hey Peter,

I installed the driver. Now the jack is active and external speakers or headphones plugged into the jack work, but it doesn't mute the built in internal computer speakers when you plug into the jack. Instead they keep playing as well and the headphones or external speakers. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Peter

Strange. Search for "Realtek" in the Start Menu's search field and run the Realtek HD Audio Manager (or something similar). Do you see a setting relating to this at all?

If not, try typing "Programs and Features" into the Start Menu's search field and press ENTER. Uninstall the Realtek application.

- Peter
Carlvdb-Oracle

Hi Peter

Thanks, this worked for me.

Have an R840-Oracle.

Thanks buddy!!

-- Carl

Peter

I'm glad to hear it!

- Peter
BárbaraJofréHertzer

[ Edited ]

Hi, I Have a Toshiba Satellite and when I connect the computer audio headset is distorted and does not sound good, but when I pull the headphones work ... have tried several devices. My laptop has not been dropped or falls. Please do not use strange words my English is not very good and I use the google translator. Thanks

Peter

The headphones sound bad, but the speakers in the computer sound good, correct?

Do the headphones work with other devices?

Do other headphones work well with the laptop?

- Peter