Brooke1234

Glitchy and Skipping Sound When Laptop Moves

Hello,

Ever since I got my laptop (on Christmas) the sound as been glitchy and it sometimes skips too. It only gets like this when I move my laptop, though. It does this with iTunes, Youtube, CDs, DVDs, and everything that has audio so I know its not because of a program. Also, I get notification that say that a vibration has been detected in the hard drive. I know this is a common thing to see with TOSHIBA's new laptops, but could this be a factor in my problem?

Please help- it's getting to be quite frustrating...

Brooke

Peter

Re: Glitchy and Skipping Sound When Laptop Moves

Hard drives have physical moving parts. The vibration warning is indicating that part of the hard drive is locking in place to avoid damaging itself when it detects vibrations. With the hard drive unable to read temporarily, the audio skips.

- Peter
Hambone92

Just out of curiousity is there any way of turning this feature off temporarily?

Peter

Yes, but I would not recommend doing so. Search for "HDD Protection" in the Start Menu's search field to find the settings for it. If you're getting the vibration warning, that means that the software is locking down the HDD's head to avoid damage. By disabling the protection, damage could occur. If you change any of these settings, you do so at your own risk.

- Peter
slah

I had the same problem a few months before the warranty.  I sent it to Toshiba and they replaced the hard drive.  I'm still experiencing the problem - of course it's out of warranty now.  Could it be there's a defect with this model?  I purchased the newer version for our neighborhood board and it gets moved around A LOT - never gets the message on it - why?????

Peter

The HDD Protection might be too sensitive. You can always go into the settings and lower the sensitivity.

- Peter
bholla43

Sound/video for my laptop Model #L455D-S5976 has started to breakup/choppy...play videos back that I have downloaded in the "Realplayer" and it works fine but when I play a you tube video or try to listen to other video links it breaks up...Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks...Bob 

Peter

If it's only videos watching online, try updating your Adobe Flash Player.

- Peter