michaeldola

E205 audio / speaker issues (sound way too quiet)

[ Edited ]

The speakers on my E205, even at max volume, are really quiet. I mean, I can barely hear them in a room by myself! Is there a way to make them louder? Like a new driver or something? Just want to be able to hear things without having to wear headphones all the time.

Anybody know anything?

E205-1904 E205 E 205

Tommy737

Re: E205 audio / speaker issues (sound way too quiet)

I have the same problem. I think toshiba is trying to ignore the problem and hope it goes away.

Occasional Advisor
doofus

if your system is running realtek audio , can you try this

go to control panel if running win7  change category to large icons , if vista  click classic view

then locate realtek audio manager under speakers goto sound effects, under equalizer it has drop down choose pwoerful then close windows then try to play anything to test volume.

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

go to the realtek hd audio manager and make sure you have the latest driver downloaded. put a check in the box for loudness eq under the sound effects tab.

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
lukabrazi

did anyone see if this works? Im going to return the comp if i can resolve the speaker issue. Its simply awful

lukabrazi

civic, where would this realtek hd manager be? i cant seem to locate this??

Thanks in advance

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

your laptop had 2 differant sound drivers downloads for 2 differant sound cards. yours may not have the realtek on in it. if it does go to control panel and set it to large icons. then it will be about 2/3 of the way down. or you can search realtek in the search bar in the start menu.

-civicman4-
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
lukabrazi

ok cool found it and checked the box but how do i know i have the most updated driver?

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

go to control panel and them device manager. when the window comes up go down to sound and open it so you can see realtek. highlight realtek and click on the icon at the top of the window for update driver.(one with a green arrow pointing up) if there is a newer driver it will tell you. if not it will say you have the best one.

-civicman4-
FoneJock

Followed the listed steps and the speakerssound much better, not BOSE quality...

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

well it is a laptop so your sound is limited but im glad i could help

-civicman4-
HICW

This procedure does not increase the volume. The volume is low because the nature of the poor-quality speakers installed inside the laptop. It won't get any higher no matter what software adjustments are done. It is a hardware issue. The only way to increase the sound is to connect good external speakers or, if Toshiba does it, to install better speakers inside the system.

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

HICW,

there have been many users on here that have had success with this procedure. yes they are crappy speakers but this process does work for laptops with the latest realtek drivers.

-civicman4-