Occasional Contributor
ewormuth

A505 Sound stopped working

I have an A505 on which the sound was working just fine until yesterday -- I used the laptop in my classroom to show a DVD and hooked it up to the speakers in the AV console in the room.  Nothing other than putting a cable into the audio jack.  Everything worked fine, but now (at home, not hooked up to anything) the laptop is putting out no sound at all.  The Sound panel says the speakers and the Realtek Digital Output are working fine, the mixer says the speakers are working, I'm getting no error messages, but nothing -- not even the little greeting sound when the laptop powered up.  It seems like something was turned off, somehow.

In the process of fiddling with it, I managed to disable the ATI HDMI Audio and it disappeared from the sound panel, so I'd like to get that back.  But I need to get the sound back before tomorrow when I have to show a DVD again!  Thanks for your help.

xbergermanx

Re: A505 Sound stopped working

I have the same problem with a p105.  This is a business laptop and we do a lot of training so it would be helpful if anybody has an idea of what could be a solution.  Whether it is just a dead output from the sound card or something simple.  The headphone jack also does not work but the mixer says there is sound going out.

PhoenixFive666

i have an A505 also, and my sound has done this before but i always just restarted the computer and it just fixed itself, but this time it didnt work, ive tried everything from updating the driver, to rolling it back and constantly turned the computer on and off in many different ways, nothing has helped, so if you find out anything let me know. 

A man without sound, is a very sad man.

Occasional Contributor
ewormuth

I'm dismayed to hear that others have had this problem too.  While the problem for me was not fixed by rebooting the computer, it was fixed by turning it completely off and then on again.  I have to show another DVD in class today and will be hooking up to the console again -- let's see if the same thing happens.

Nobody has any idea of what the issue is, here??

joshua

hi, i had the same problem and i solved it doing this:go to control panel-hardware and sound-sound-change system sound-go to playback tab-right click on "speakers" and set as default device.The sound is BACK.It seems like the realtekdigital output does not works.