Occasional Advisor
makarios

Useful apps for the Thrive

This is another one that I could not find a thread for, but I might be wrong.  Anyone willing to share what are the apps you consider useful?

I think that Kindle, and Nook are the best or better ones for reading ebooks.

Adobe reader for PDFs.

Documents to go, for editing or creating docs and spread sheets and transfering docs from my laptop.

Dropbox for dropping docs and getting them anywhere; as well as Springpad.

CX cloud and Wuala for cloud storage.

Thinking Space for mind mapping, it's just awesome. 

Barcode scanner is a must.Evernote is also very useful to me for taking notes on the go.

If you are into making music, I found this app called Caustic in the market; wow, it is similar to Reason but a lot smaller, very useful to create quick songs or put down ideas.

And so on and so forth, so what do you guys use in a constant basis?

Thanks for sharing.

Occasional Builder
DeeDawg

Re: Useful apps for the Thrive

I found the Adobe PDF reader app to be painfully barebones ( at least for my needs). ezPDF is everything the Adobe app isn't: it supports thumbnails, indexes, onscreen annotations. It's stable, and can swallow huge PDF files. It is however identical to Adobe in one respect: it's free! A great app. Kinda shameful that Adobe can't (or won't) do at least as well.
Occasional Builder
DeeDawg

[ Edited ]
Oh yeah; I'm also really starting to appreciate FlexT9 Text Input. Four input methods all in one place: swipe, speech transcription, handwriting recognition, and a plain old keyboard ( albeit a very well laid out one). All four modes work very well, but you have to hang in there a while, since it learns as you correct its mistakes. Which is more than I can say for my kid. (Rimshot!)
Occasional Advisor
makarios

Thanks for the tip, that is why I started the thread; I somehow missed your Splashscreen HD (I think that is its name) thread, I guess I should have kept it going, my apologies.

And thanks for sharing that one, I haven't tried it yet as I bought it last night but for some reason it did not install; I will try again.

Thanks again.

Occasional Advisor
makarios

DeeDawg wrote:
Oh yeah; I'm also really starting to appreciate FlexT9 Text Input. Four input methods all in one place: swipe, speech transcription, handwriting recognition, and a plain old keyboard ( albeit a very well laid out one). All four modes work very well, but you have to hang in there a while, since it learns as you correct its mistakes. Which is more than I can say for my kid. (Rimshot!)

Very very cool. By the way, I was finally able to use the splashtop app, my goodness!  What a cool app!!  You are right it works flawlessly, I am very impressed for sure, thank you for pointing it out to all of us, I would have not known about it for sure if you didn't mention it; you're the man DeeDawg.  Thank you very much.

Occasional Contributor
mkmagu

If you don't mind spending a few $$ Mantano reader is a good App, and if you add the Svox voice app you can have your books read to you with text to speech. I do this in the car on the way to work! :smileyhappy: Moon Reader will also do this for Epub format but Mantano does both epub & PDF.

Occasional Advisor
-dash-

My app list:

Engineering:

AutoCADWS - Awesome for editing autoCAD files and is capable of online collaboration.

SketchBOOK - Cool app for quick sketches. Can produce pretty nice architectural sketches with color.

DWGSee - Awesome viewer for autoCAD files (works faster than AutoCADWS but is only a viewer)

MyMeasures - Takes photos and you can add arrows for measurements and angles etc. 

News:

Pulse - News aggregator which has an awesome visual experience. Uses sliding tiles to display stories. 

Games:

GunBros - The best game I have found. Awesome online gameplay. Hundreds of hours of fun.

Flight Control - Awesome game that involves landing planes without crashing flight paths.

Tip-off - Fun game. Fast Passed.

Music:

TineyShark - Gives you access to any song any time via Groove Shark. Like Pandora (Pandora is only available in USA) 

Hope this helps

-dash-

Toshiba THRiVE 8GB Owner
Toshiba Satellite Owner
Shamsan007

AutoCad WS is amazing
I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd.