Nofallo

PDF Sheet Music app like ForScore & UnrealBook on the iPad -Please

I really hope some savvy Android developer is about to release this because it's badly needed and they'd make a boatload of money.

Anyone?

mike-g

Re: PDF Sheet Music app like ForScore & UnrealBook on the iPad -Please

Nofallo wrote:

I really hope some savvy Android developer is about to release this because it's badly needed and they'd make a boatload of money.

Anyone?

I too would love to find such an app.  I'm looking to replace my 10 or more notebooks of song files with something more portable.  So far, I've found only one app which even remotely addresses what I want to do called LinkeSOFT Songbook.  Problem is it's still in beta testing and only supports ChordPro type files.  I surely don't want to retype over 700 song files into a different format.

anyone know of an app that fits the above category?

Regular Advisor
dalepl

Do you need more then just multipage PDF support?  If not, many of the standard book readers will support displaying a PDF.  You would have to render on a PC, but once done, it would be done.  Copy to the Thrive and open them up via one og the book readers or PDF readers.

Paul L. Dale
Thrive Developer - ThriveForums.org
mike-g

dalepl wrote:

Do you need more then just multipage PDF support?  If not, many of the standard book readers will support displaying a PDF.  You would have to render on a PC, but once done, it would be done.  Copy to the Thrive and open them up via one og the book readers or PDF readers.

I can get by with just the PDF support provided by the standard readers, but the features provided by a sheet music app like unrealbook would make my life easier.  It'd be handy to have things like autoscroll, transpose on the fly, included chord dictionary and the like.  Just wishin' for now, I guess.

I went ahead and bought the LinkeSoft song book I mentioned before.  It consistently crashes while scrolling through the song list.  Pretty frustrating.  I've written the company, but will uninstall and dispute the charge on my credit card if I don't get a timely response.

mike-g

Just wanted to get back to you.  The LinkeSoft Songbook has been released to the Android Market.  I purchased and installed it on 11/8/2011. 
It does, indeed, have the features I wanted in a songbook (similar to the unrealbook for ipad) except that it reads songs in chordpro format instead of .doc or pdf.  I found a couple of free utilities that could be used to convert my 700 or so songs from .doc to .chordpro format.
The initial release (v 1.0) contained a bug which crashed the fast scroller for long lists.  I wrote the author providing a stack dump of the error messages and he responded very quickly via email and within a day had posted a bug fix which he uploaded to the Android Market.  It is obvious this company cares about its customers.
I recommend you take a look at the software.
Nofallo wrote:

Anyone?