Occasional Contributor
Schatzie

Documents to Go Desktop for Android: No Device Connected!

HELP ANYONE!  About 2-3 weeks ago I set up my Thrive to syncronize with my desktop pc using Documents to Go Desktop for Android.  I do have both the main app and the premium app (paid) on my tablet along with a mounted SD card.  I installed the desktop software on my pc and I followed the directions and I successfully added my tablet, paired it in other words with my pc and I was able to syncronize via usb, no problem.  The other day I went to reconnect to syncronize some files and I could not.  The desktop software is not recognizing my Thrive and states that there is no device connected!  Yet, my desktop pc adds my tablet as AT100 device storage and I am able to view, edit, etc. in Explorer.  What gives with this DTG desktop software??  I contacted Dataviz and got a response rather quickly but they just walked me through the steps that I know already.  Because the Thrive uses a MTP protocol I was asked if I had Windows Media Player version 11 on my pc which has this protocol since it is not native to Windows XP.  Well of course I do have that version and as I said 2-3 weeks ago I had everything set up beautifully.  I have latest version of DTG:  the desktop software, main app, and paid app.  I just want to know what I need to do to get back the functionality of desktop syncronization with having my Thrive added as a device by the DTG desktop software.  It had been suggested that I need to enable USB debugging, which I tried and then my desktop pc did not recognize my Thrive.  Besides, the customer rep at Dataviz said when you are using Honeycomb 3.0 along with the latest version of their software, you do NOT use or need USB debugging (which I obviously didn't need 2-3 weeks ago when everything was fine -- at that time I didn't even know USB debugging even existed!).  Any suggestions???  Thank you!

Occasional Advisor
makarios

Re: Documents to Go Desktop for Android: No Device Connected!

I had a similar problem with my laptop not seeing my tablet, I used the USB cable that came with the Tablet and it worked then, it was the cable; have you tried that?

Occasional Contributor
Schatzie

Yes, when I originally set up the tablet with the DTG software I used the short cable and everything was fine.  I am still trying to use that same cable now but it is not working!  Thank you for your suggestion.  Any other ideas??

Occasional Advisor
makarios

I just tried it and it worked but I had to add the Tablet under "options"-"add device" on the DTG Desktop Application; what I think is weird is that I had already set it up, just as you did, and I had to set it up again; but this time every time I tried to sync from the desktop on my laptop, it send the files to the internal memory on the tablet under "DataVizSync"-"Laptop"-"MyDocsToGo"; when the last time I did a sync it sent the docs to the SD card.

I could not make it to sync to the SD card again; I think the application is buggy.

Your computer doesn't recognize the tablet?  You don't get an "AutoPlay" dialog box when you connect it?

Occasional Advisor
makarios

A new software update just came out to the Service Station, maybe after you install it it will recognize your tab when you plug it in.  Good luck.

Occasional Contributor
Schatzie

Hi, my computer recognizes the tablet but DTG doesn't and now after I updated when I attach the tablet to my computer and try to explore the contents of the tablet in Windows Explorer, the tablet is there as "AT100" and "Device Storage", but when I go to click on it to view on its contents I get nothing!!!!  Nice update, thanks, Toshiba!

However thank you Makarios for your help!

Occasional Contributor
Schatzie

Hey Folks all is well once again!  Through much trial and error and a little help from Dataviz and some common sense about basic computing, that is, when in doubt uninstall and reinstall, I got my Documents To Go to work again and now I connect, and sync once again!  Thanks to all of you for reading and offering suggestions!

Occasional Advisor
makarios

Yeah no problem; so you reinstalled DTG and it worked again?  That kind of sucks, but good thing it's working again; now if I have problems I know who to bother:smileyhappy:

Occasional Contributor
Schatzie

No problem, Makarios!  If I can be of help to anyone with my limited knowledge, I'd be glad to!