Fogboy
Accepted Solution

Lost root access

Just a heads up to all the U.S thrivers.

Today i updated my tablet in Australia from 3.0 to 3.1 via service station and i now can't flash clockworkmod onto my tablet.

Never had any problems in the past, i was even using the U.S roms for a while.

The A.U update was released acouple of days ago.

Regular Advisor
dalepl

Re: Lost root access

Why can you not load ClockWorkMod?  What has changed with the load?  You are the first I have heard this from.

Paul L. Dale
Thrive Developer - ThriveForums.org
Fogboy

There was 2 updates to the Australian 3.1.

The first one seemed to of updated the Android system recovery utility, because after the update the tablet booted to the Android utility and did some loading of something.

It then rebooted to honeycomb and i then continued with the second part of the update, which was the actual 3.1 o.s as it took awhile to download.

after that i tried many times to put clockworkmod back on to my tablet but it wouldn't copy over.

Regular Advisor
dalepl

What is the build number for the ROM.  Also, do you still have an option for fastboot in recovery (three icons) or do you now only have two?

Paul L. Dale
Thrive Developer - ThriveForums.org
Fogboy

Build number:  HMJ37.13.5.0004

The 3 icons are still there and i can still get fastboot.

I use easy flash tool then select 3, the tablet reboots as usual but when i check for Clockworkmod it still has Android Utility.

Regular Advisor
austeregrim

Just sounds like the script isn't working properly... 

- Signature Starts Now -
I don't work for Toshiba, so please consider my advice Free; like Open Source.
*OH HAIZ! I rooted teh Thrives*
- End Signature -
Fogboy

i'm now trying dos commands.

i typed fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

I type fastboot reboot, it reboots to o.s

I turn off, and on tablet with plus key, select middle icon and i still get Android system utility 

Regular Advisor
austeregrim

Hmm... interesting. Wonder if it does the same with the boot image. (This is what really gives you root.)
If what you're saying is true, and others are experiencing it; If I were you I'd complain to toshiba, have them restore to an older version, if you need root.

This is shameful from toshiba. And just sad.

- Signature Starts Now -
I don't work for Toshiba, so please consider my advice Free; like Open Source.
*OH HAIZ! I rooted teh Thrives*
- End Signature -
Fogboy

3.1 has just been released via service station in Australia, so it's just a matter of time before someone else tries it.

Fogboy

Looks like someone did copy Clockworkmod over to same 3.1 version and it worked, so it's my tablet.

Everything seems to be ok, the tablet displays all the fastboot processes that i entered.

I've run out of options to try, any advice?

Occasional Contributor
Alcatraz

[ Edited ]

Are you trying to flash clockworkmod with out root?if so don't for get you can't let the system boot fully.you have to go back in recover right when it reboots.

Fogboy

You could knock me over with a feather!

Everytime i have copied over clockworkmod in the past i have let the tablet reboot and it always worked.

Not this particular occasion, i did stop it rebooting a few times last night but that didn't work.

But after your comment, instead of letting it reboot i turned it off after copying over clockworkmod and it worked:manvery-happy:

Big thankyou Alcatraz, you have saved me from installing all my apps again and losing my saved positions etc, i restored my data from my previous backup and honeycomb is running wonderfully and better than before.:smileyvery-happy:

Cheers!