sunpup

Ice Cream Sandwich download

Toshiba offers an update to Ice Cream Sandwich to my Thrive tablet. The problem is that the user unfriendly Toshiba website does not seem to allow this download let alone automatic update. Any idea of how to get the update? Registration and entering all information does not help.

Peter

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich download

I'm not sure what you mean about the website. The update is only from the tablet's Service Station. You can't download it from the website. Is there anything listed in the Service Station on the tablet? Is your tablet from the US?

- Peter
egib52

I have never received my update, and have checked often. How do I receive it?
Peter

If you're in the US and still haven't received the ICS update, you might want to contact customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
auntyem

i contacted customer support 7 days ago.  i asked if an update to Jelly Bean 4.1 or 4.2 were available.  the first time i was told (by someone in india) to download it from the google app store.  i told him it wouldn't be there it is sent from toshiba to the tablet.  he told me to check the app store.

the second time i was talking to india again who told me to keep clicking "check for updates" and it would install.  i asked when it was made available.  she told me to keep clicking "check for updates".

they either did not understand the question or just didn't know and didn't want to admit it.  they won't ask anyone else.  they won't escalate to the next level.  apparently 4.1 and 4.2 have been out for awhile.  toshiba seems to be the last to update.  there are apps that i need for school but can't use because i don't have at least 4.1.

has/when will 4.1 or 4.2  be deployed for the thrive 10?

Occasional Contributor
Firstcloud

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Unable to download ICS in Toshiba Thrive.  Service Station has no updates.

Peter

auntyem, I'm sorry about the incorrect information from the call center agents. Toshiba has made the decision only to support Jelly Bean on the new lines of tablets. I'm sorry you were misinformed. As an aside, we don't use call centers in India.

- Peter