Sfin78

HDMI out

[ Edited ]

I received literature with my DX735-D3204 that showed both an HDMI in and a HDMI out but I cannot find a model for sale with this option mine only has the HDMI in. I was wondering if Toshiba is going to make one or if one can be special ordered with this option.

Sfin78

HDMI in

When  I plugged my PS3 and DVD player into the HDMI in it wouldn't work, so now I have to send in for repair or replacement :smileysad:

Sfin78

Re: HDMI in

I am now on my second computer(DX735-D3204) and the HDMI-IN still does not work. I have spent hours with Tech support and an engineer and still no resolution to this problem. Has anyone else had any luck with their HDMI-In?

frankhi

I have been trying to connect my cable box via HDMI (coax input works fine) but no signal. Support says it "should" work...

frankhi

and btw, the quick tour sheets that came with my DX735-D3204 shows both hdmi in and out, but I only have one port, and it is not marked in or out, just the hdmi symbol.... could be an out port for all I know...

Sfin78

It is not an  HDMI- out either I have tried it as an out and no dice. I have talked to tech support numerous times and still have no resolution to this issue. I have replaced the computer once and the 2nd one did not work either I am guessing none of their HDMI -In ports actually function as advertised.

Sfin78

Finally I got a hold of a Toshiba engineer who tried using the HDMI-In port and couldn't get it to work, he then got ahold of another Toshiba engineer that told him there is a button on the left side, second one from the top it has circle with an arrow icon, this switches to the HDMI input. I also asked him about using with a satellite receiver or any receiver with an HDMI-out you must use this the same way. This means you cannot use Wndows media center or the DVR function with the HDMI-In. The computer then acts as a TV monitor only. I have to use a RF modulator to hook my Direct tV satellite receiver into the coax in from the HDMI-out of the receiver, I lose some picture quality but it does function.

frankhi

Thanks sfin, pushing 2nd button works as you described....