aggx

Cannot connect wireless mouse and keyboard DX730

I just unpacked a brand new DX730 but cannot get the mouse and keyboard recognized.  Really frustrating how little help there is with this!!!

juanpica

Re: Cannot connect wireless mouse and keyboard DX730

i have the same problem and i have tried everytinhg

waiting 4 an answer

ddanley

Have you found the small piece of equipment from the box that receives the signal from the devices? You open up a little compartment on the rear of the computer, left side, near the bottom and put it in.  

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

how do you get the wireless mouse and key board to work?

Plug in the micro-USB dongle that is included in the box. It inserts into the port that is in a covered compartment next to the ports on the back of the computer.

From..

Looking for Answers about DX730?

-Jerry
AAGF

Side question - with the BT keyboard and mouse, do they consume battery power when the system is off? In other words, should they be switched off, or is that only for when the batteries are being changed?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

So far as I know, when the power is off the wireless does not draw any current.

BTW, Toshiba has a better explanation of how to connect things. It may help others who run across this thread.

How to Install the RF USB Dongle for the Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

-Jerry
AAGF

Thanks Jerry - appreciated ...

Regular Contributor
Funky1096

Unless the keyboard and mouse have a built in sleep feature which disconnects the power when not used after a certain amount of time then it will always consume battery power just not as much when not being used.

laptops- ex satillite l755-s5353 inspiron e1505 desktop dimension 400/300
pedro1

I'll add my frustration at mouse not connecting issue. I have a brand new DX730-ST6-N02 whose mouse pointer became irratic and tech support was not able to fix. Toshiba wanted me to take my entire system to Best Buy repair but after much much protest they sent me a new mouse. This time the new mouse did not work at all. Tech support confirmed new mouse was defective and again said take entire system to Best Buy. At first Toshiba again agreed to send another mouse but then changed their mind and said I would have to take system to Best Buy.

Here's the deal with Best Buy. It's two counties over and about a 50 mile round trip at $4/gallon gas. They want the whole system to send to their repair facility in Kentucky - I'll be without my system for 3-4 weeks at which point they'll probably tell me I need a new mouse - again.

Very poor product support from Toshiba. I think there is a problem with these mice that Toshiba is trying to make it's customers eat.

puck

my mouse is crazy.... it works but it has a mind of its own.  Does anybody know if this is normal for toshiba mouse to float all over the screen.  I have tried different mouse pads and it makes no difference.  So frustrating cannot play games as you have little control over where the mouse is....

pedro1

If you read my post above you'll see that my mouse also had that problem. How old is your computer? If it's still under warranty then Toshiba may just send you another mouse, but you'll have to argue with Tech Support to get that solution. Otherwise Toshiba will want you to take the system to Best Buy Repair and you'll be without a computer for at least a couple of weeks. The replacement mouse Toshiba sent me did not work at all and they refused to send another. I am just using an old corded mouse as the hassle of taking my system to Best Buy is not worth the price of a mouse. I think Toshiba has a mouse problem that they are unwilling to correct. Maybe if you and others complain they'll do what they should and replace these mice with ones that work.

Occasional Contributor
Wyberski

I purchased a DX735 and everything worked good for a couple of months and than the mouse pointer really went erratic. I was unable to do anything, not even shut down. I used the recovery media thinking something was really wrong to reinstall everything. It worked for a couple days and than back to the same erratic behavior. It ended up being the receiver dongle. I used to get a lot of load noise coming from that area and hot. I than purchased a wired mouse and keyboard and to my amazement the noise went away and it was no longer hot, everything than worked as it should and better, no more problems.

Word of advice. If you mouse pointer is erratic and everything else is erratic please first try a wired keyboard and mouse. Pull out that receiver dongle and you will be amazed how much better the computer works, at least for the DX735.

Regards, Ray

pedro1

My keyboard worked fine, my mouse did not - right out of the box. I also just connected a wired mouse. Toshiba should just replace these but they want you to take the computer into Best Buy for "repair" and wait 3-4 weeks.

I had a good opinion of Toshiba before, but their response to this simple issue will blunt my buying decision next time.